how to revise a posted A/R batch

dconnolly

Can anyone tell me where to navigate to revise an already posted batch? thru I would guess manual cash receipts or receipts journal review?

This is the procedure for revising posted invoice batch:

Revising Posted Invoices
Access the Work with Customer Ledger Inquiry form. To revise posted invoices:
1. Locate the invoice that you want to revise, and then click Select.
2. On Standard Invoice Entry, revise the information in any available field, and then click OK.
If you change the gross amount, you might need to revise the discount amount. The system does not recalculate the discount when you change the gross amount. If you change the gross amount, the system displays the G/L Distribution form automatically.
3. On the G/L Distribution form, complete the Account Number and Amount fields on a new grid line to create a balancing entry. Enter the amount as a credit.
4. To revise general ledger information only, on Standard Invoice Entry, select G/L Distribution from the Form menu, revise the desired fields, and then click OK

Can anyone tell me where to navigate to revise an already posted batch? thru I would guess manual cash receipts or receipts journal review?

I don't think if the line in F03B11 is posted (Post Code = D), you can revise that line. You can try. However you should be able to add additional lines to the invoice or the GL Distribution. The period also needs to be open. If you change the invoice, the batch status changes to unposted. You will need to post it. Only the new changes will get posted. It will make entries in F0911 and also update the balances in F0902. You cannot have a new GL Date for the invoice. Old date continues. Also you cannot delete the line on the invoice once posted. If you try then all the lines on the invoice get voided. If you want to nullify the posted line, then you can add one more line with negative amounts and add a new line as required.

Back