Can we copy NER

Seriously ?

You've been asking the most BASIC of basic questions on this forum for the past few weeks - I really suggest that you go to training. What you're asking for here is the MOST basic step of copying objects in E1. I really hope you're not working on a customers production environment, and that customer is paying for your time to learn the product because you're cheaper than an insourced development resource.

No. There is no built-in facility for copying NER's. There is a commercial tool from Everestsoft that does the trick.

Jon,

JDELIST.com has had its fair share of dumb questions before but your response was kind of heavy-handed. There's no intuitive way for this person to know this.

Let's face it, how stupid is it of JDE not to provide this feature. [We can't blame Oracle for this]. Its entirely less than logical that you can't copy an NER. And, you shouldn't have to buy a 3rd party tool to do this sort of thing.

Hi Aniket,
the tool doesn't allow you to copy NER (as you can image from previus response), but if you are on a recent tool release you can play with the "save as par file" and manipulate the xml to have your new NER.

I'm honest, never done this, but I remember that I suggested this some times ago to my colleagues and the where able to do this magic.

So now I ask to you to try and post the step by step method (if you will able to do this).

Regards.

Bruno Condemi

Hi Aniket,

Just to remember, this forum is for both experienced and non experienced people. So post questions whatever you don't know without any fear. Here is so many great people avilable in this forum they understand knowledge sharing and how to teach people.

Enjoy learning!!

Hi Jon
Keep your document knowledge with you. In these forum member can ask any type of question related to the product and note that I m not specifically asking to you. I m asking the other member who have worked in jde and have practical knowledge .
There is always alternative solution is there in jde. I think your experience is very less because I really hope you're not working on a customers production environment and you not have practical knowledge you just have document knowledge and I think you're cheaper than an insourced development resource
I got the alternate Solution to Copy NER I will provide the step .
Suggestion : If you don't have the practical knowledge please don't give the documentary answer.

Enjoy with your bookish knowledge.

smile.gif

Hi Jon

If you think that this is a basic of basic question, kindly provide us steps of copying a NER to NER.

Sent from my iPhone

Hello,

This is just a personal preference so take it just as that. Do not use NER and code your BSFN as C business function, they are easier to mantain, copy, modify. If you have to clone some functionality try to understand what the function does and do it in C, if you have to modify some monolithic NER function try to use the plug and play functionality if that does not work for you do it like Bruno said.

And do not take offense of acid responses, just remember that the people here are not doing this job for fun/hobby, they are doing this for a living.

Cheers,

Dan.

Yes in a way.
After creating the NER you can cut and paste the code from target NER from within visual studio session, not perfect but can be done. Never fully understood why this isn't a basic OMW level task, but must be a reason the JDE guys didn't do this.

Back