How to set up Capital Asset Management-PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE process !!!

otopcu

Hello Dear Colleagues;

I am a manufacturing consultant who is also responsible with maintenance process. I set the MRO module.There is no problem about equipment master and equipment work order processes. But I couldn't manage the PM processes (pm scheduling, updating status, creating WO from scheduled PM, ..etc). Actually the key point about this process is how to set creating WO from scheduled PM automatically. I can create/add PM schedule and when I run R12807, it is being created one by one until the maintenance last time I entered on R12807 report before run it and it works. But I couldn't understand and impelement the processes after this step. If any of you has experiences about these processes and have any document or idea for sharing, it would be so helpful for me. (screens,steps,reports,..etc). Thanks for your help.

otopcu,
After the PM orders are genrated somebody will work on it and complete it and setting status of order to MJ or completed. When you run the PM schedule next time it will set the status accordinly and change status based on your schedule date.
Go on to Oracle documenation and get the document on Capitial management. You will get most of the info from the document.

Hope this helps.

Chan

Chan Rana,

The reason I asked that question is the settings I have to implement on the step that you mean by saying "After the PM orders are generated somebody will work on it and complete it". My problem is that I couldnt generate WO through scheduled PM. And as you said I tested creating scheduled PM by running R12807. I just request any implemented process examples from you. I have already checked oracle doc but couldnt use it effectively. Anyway, thanks for your advice and information.

Osman

Hello,
Maybe I can help you? Forgive me if you have already done all of this, but here's what you need to do to setup a PM schedule:

1) Create Service Types in UDC 12|CT and set up Maintenance Rules in P1393. The Thru Percentage may be important to you here, as it will tell R12807 when to generate a WO (example, when threshhold reaches 85% due)
2) In P1207, call up the equipment in question and add a schedule.
3) Enter the service type, schedule type, and intervals. (We set either an hour or mile threshhold PLUS Service Days, to ensure that low use units still get PM'd each year)
4) The Last Completed Date should populate automatically with the Date Acquired. Change this if necessary.
5) Enter beginning values in the other fields that you are using (example: enter the current mileage in the Last Completed Miles field)
6) Set up either a model WO OR Standard Procedures
7) If you are using meters as a Schedule Interval, ensure the meter readings are populated in JDE.
8) To test, manually change a meter reading to surpass the Schedule Interval OR set the Last Completed to a far past value.
9) Run R12807; a work order should generate for the unit you changed in Step 8. (Make sure Allow WO is checked on the Equipment Master!)
10) Complete the WO; in P12071, the PM Status should change to 99 for that instance, and a new instance with PM Status 01 should be created, with Last Completed values set to the values at the time the WO was closed.
11) If you manually change the meter readings or dates again in PM Schedule, and then run R12807 again, it should generate another WO.

Let me know what else I can do to help, or if you can provide more details on the issue you are seeing.

Thanks!

Hi Sarah,

Firstly thanks for your detail replay about the issue I explained. It was really helpful. I applied the steps you mentioned and after that the problem I faced with has been mentioned
1) Create Service Types in UDC 12|CT ___DONE
and set up Maintenance Rules in P1393.___DONE
(The Thru Percentage may be important to you here, as it will tell R12807
when to generate a WO (example, when threshhold reaches 85% due))
2) In P1207, call up the equipment in question and add a schedule. ___DONE
3) Enter the service type, schedule type, and intervals. ___DONE
(We set either an hour or mile threshhold PLUS Service Days, to ensure that low use units still get PM'd each year))
The Last Completed Date should populate automatically with the Date Acquired. Change this if necessary. ___nothing changed___DONE
5) Enter beginning values in the other fields that you are using ___DONE
(example: enter the current mileage in the Last Completed Miles field)
6) Set up either a model WO OR Standard Procedures ___StdProcedures___DONE
7) If you are using meters as a Schedule Interval, ensure the meter readings are populated in JDE. ___OK
8) To test, manually change a meter reading to surpass the Schedule Interval OR set the Last Completed to a far past value. ___DONE
9) Run R12807; a work order should generate for the unit you changed in Step 8. (Make sure Allow WO is checked on the Equipment Master!)

==>> On this step, when I run the batch (R12807), there is any WO generated by the report. Also according to my previous experience about preventive maintenence tests, the service type (which is "RULMAN" for my ex.) should have been accrued. But the service type I used hasnt been generated on P1207. Here is my another question also about this and the entire process; I created the PM record on P1207 and ran the report R12807. After that the service type "RULMAN" should be scheduled again for the next maintenance and also the WO (for the "KSM1" equipment about "RULMAN" service type) created at the same time, right? Is that how it supposed to be?

(I also shared the screenshots about the steps I followed on JD. )
14mfmsk.png

2q8d2yg.png

2lxdy8i.png

Thanks for your help

Back