Can custom indices be added to F986110 table?

E1Tech

I am trying to add custom indices to the F986110 table. When I attempt to generate the indices, the "Generation Successful" message appears, but the generation only produces the original 4 base indices. No messages in the jde.log. Any ideas?

Hi,

Reviving a very old thread.
We are facing this same issue. We are adding the a new index on F986110 but the Generate Indices option only recreates the original four and not the new index. Does anyone has an answer/explanation as to why this may be so.

Appreciate any response.

Thanks
Shahid Equbal

E910 - TR 9.14.7 on DB2 (Power740/OS400)

Hi,
when you are generating indices through object librarian do you choose the correct data source?
By default in the form the system-910 is displayed but you should change that to *****Server Map for each of your batch servers.
Please try this and tell us your result
Regards

Thanks for the response Vasilis.

We are aware that the Indices have to be generated in the Server Map data source, but we have to wait for a downtime in production server over the weekend when we can attempt this.
In the meantime we were just attempting to generate the indices (after adding a custom index in Table design) in Test data source (DV910) which did drop the old indices and re-created those. However it failed to generate the 5th one (the custom index that we had added). The interesting thing is that the pop up 'Generation Successful' comes up and it seems fine until you look at the Logical files on the back end where no new logical file has been added to the mix. What are we missing?

Thanks and Regards
Shahid Equbal

E910 - TR 9.14.7 on DB2 (Power740/OS400)

Thanks Peter. Very informative.

We were as apprehensive to touch the table (F986110) and hence this small exercise to add an index in a harmless environment. The question however is why we could not, but I will leave it all at that.

Thanks again for your responses.
Shahid Equbal

Shahid,

Our company AutoDeploy, has a solution that auto generates tables and indices at build and deploy runtime. We do not follow the standard JDE practice of dropping all indices and then re-indexing the entire table. Rather, we generate the new index, indices. Our customers love this functionality. If you'd like to learn more feel free to shoot me an email at [email protected]

Back