Creating JD Edwards Mobile Application

Sachin21

Hi,

My client want to develop custom mobile application in JDE,But I don't know how to start to create new Mobile application in JDE.
My question is,
1) which tools is required for Mobile application to develop custom application.
2) What is the step to develop custom application.
3)What is the procedure after creating application for check in Ipad?

Please help me.

Thanks in Advance..

Regards,
Sachin

Hi Sachin

I really want to learn more about Mobile application and I can not answer your question.

Are you client currently taking benefit with the existing Mobile applications oracle released. I want to know how to use those, I believe need to create instance for security etc. I hope someone can shed some light on this topic as IoT orch also getting popular.

Thanks
AD

Hi Adeel and Chandrakant,

Thanks for your response,

Chandrakant,I want to create custom Mobile application,As you provide me Configuration Guide link for Mobile apps.

If you have any document related to custom mobile apps creation,Please share with us.

Thanks..

You haven't specified which version of JDE you're working with but assuming you're on a current apps and tools release then here are the options in no particular order:

1. Build your mobile application within the JDE toolset. You just need to design your form layouts and UI to suit the target device.
2. Build your mobile application using Oracle MAF and the AIS. This is the Oracle preferred way but be aware that there is a licensing implication with this approach.
3. Build your mobile application using Oracle ADF and embed it in E1 using ADF Components. Not sure if anyone has tried this but it makes for an interesting experiment.
4. Build your mobile application using whatever your preferred mobile platform is and whatever your preferred JDE integration approach is.
5. Purchase a third party mobile solution and have them build your application.

Options 2 and 3 are only available if your client is pretty much up to date with their tools. The others can be achieved with older versions of JDE.

Hello Sachin21

You want to read the document "JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools Developing and Customizing Mobile Enterprise Applications Guide". Once you open the document thru the link below, go to "Creating A Sample Mobile Application" section of the document. It has step by step instructions to create an Address Book application. It took me a while, but I was able to make the sample mobile application working. The document is on OTN.

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24705_01/doc.91/e56635/toc.htm

I read the Oracle document ID 1932603.1 "Mobile Enterprise Applications Customization" document before I start working on the sample mobile application.

Hope this will help.

Dear All,

the previous posts are very old. those are in the year of 2015. After that I did not see any post regarding JDE mobile apps. Could any of you please share the information regarding JDE mobile apps on How to develop and what is its IDE (Integrated Development Environment) to develop mobile apps. If any one of you have documentation, kindly share here.

Kind Regards,
K A Naidu.

Dear All,

the previous posts are very old. those are in the year of 2015. After that I did not see any post regarding JDE mobile apps. Could any of you please share the information regarding JDE mobile apps on How to develop and what is its IDE (Integrated Development Environment) to develop mobile apps. If any one of you have documentation, kindly share here.

Kind Regards,
K A Naidu.
Oracle have completely changed their strategy and dropped support for all the stuff they were pushing in 2015 so don't look at any of that.

Back