Customizing EntepriseOne Web Header / Footers

DBohner-(db)

Legendary Poster
Howdy,

#RevistingAnOldThread

Round X - Maybe someone has the right set of keys, to unlock this door?

We'd like to do to things (E9.1 Tools 9.1.4.5):
- Alter the Header or Footer of the standard E1 Web, so users know which environment they are logged into
- Add the User ID (actually user Id) to either the Header or the Footer of every page

I've scoured for a KG Document - I just haven't located the right keywords (or there plainly isn't a document)...

Anyone have a set of keys that can be used to help resolve the requests?

(db)

http://shannonscncjdeblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/customising-login-for-jd-edwards-91-and.html

http://shannonscncjdeblog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/change-oracle-logo-for-91x-tools.html

Login page description:
Code:
[COLOR=#0000ff][B]...\webclient.war\share\loginDecoration.jspf[/B][/COLOR]
      sb.append("<span id=\"appName\" style=\"position: absolute; top: 2px; left: 120px;\" class=\"appname\"\" >[COLOR=#ff0000][I][B]Company/Environment description HERE[/B][/I][/COLOR]</span>");

Code:
[COLOR=#0000ff][B]...\webclient.war\share\html4login.jsp[/B][/COLOR]
<title>[COLOR=#ff0000][I][B]Company/Environment description HERE[/B][/I][/COLOR]</title>

Favorite Icon:
Create an icon png file and replace the default one here
Code:
[COLOR=#0000ff][B]...\webclient.war\share\images\jdeicons\favicon.ico[/B][/COLOR]

Signed in page title:
Code:
[COLOR=#0000ff][B]...\webclient.war\WEB-INF\jsp\maflet\DropdownHttpMafletWrapperHeader.jsp[/B][/COLOR]
<td><span onclick="javascript:goHome();" style="white-space:nowrap; cursor:pointer;" class="appname" id="Sot13">[COLOR=#ff0000][I][B]Your Company HERE[/B][/I][/COLOR]</span></td>

Signed in page colour coding:
Code:
[COLOR=#0000ff][B]...\webclient.war\share\css\webguistylesheet.jsp[/B][/COLOR]
.topnavtable {
background-color: #[COLOR=#ff0000][B]81F7BE[/B][/COLOR];

Not sure how user you would get the user ID into the header... (besides changing their name to be the same) ...will look into it...

Last edited:
DBohner-(db) - Add the User ID (actually user Id) to either the Header or the Footer of every page [/QUOTE said:
The name of user in header is generated by class MafletHttpViewBean and it is not be to configured. The only thing you can do is decompile the class and make modification in the source code. You only need to change getFullName() to getUserId(). The class is in Maf2Base_JAR.jar on JAS server. It works in E8.12 with tools 8.98 and at first look should work in E9.1. Of course you need to repeat the modification with every tools upgrade.

Another method would be to make some changes based on this post: http://e1tips.com/2014/12/15/custom...-of-oracle-enterpriseone-tools-release-9-1-5/

Stewart,

I've read the post and found the e1.js file in approximately the location you indicated. We're looking to just change the color of the banner/ribbon at the top of the page (once you're in, not the login page) to better indicate what environment the user is in. I didn't fully understand how to incorporate that mod into the existing file. Can you distill the mod down for a simple color change? thx.

Chris

Stewart,

I've read the post and found the e1.js file in approximately the location you indicated. We're looking to just change the color of the banner/ribbon at the top of the page (once you're in, not the login page) to better indicate what environment the user is in. I didn't fully understand how to incorporate that mod into the existing file. Can you distill the mod down for a simple color change? thx.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Technically, if you want only change the page once you are in, you just need mark some code like below.

//Used for the login page modifications
//document.getElementById('appName').innerHTML=wcText;
//document.getElementById('appName').style.fontWeight='700';
//document.getElementById('appName').style.paddingTop='10px';
//document.getElementById('appName').style.paddingLeft='10px';
//document.getElementById('loginTopRow').style.backgroundColor=wcColor;
document.getElementById('loginBrandingLogo').style.display='none';

I have made the changes to e1.js, however they are not making it to the browser.
I assume this file is cached be the HTML server.
If so is there a way to refresh that cache?

We change the background color for each environment. Makes it always in their face.

Found the answer. For me it was:
1. Stop server
2. Clean out cache folders under \Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_Home\user_projects\domains\base_domain\servers\J2EE_TEST_TR\tmp\_WL_user\TR_8083
3. start server

Back