Autopredictor Available in C business function?

john4444

Hi friends,
While writing code in vs studio for jde 9.1 to use any standard function which are available in jde,How to enable Autopredictor ? For example I typed only setm* Autopredictor should show all the standard functions available in jde like setmap, setmemory(example).
I have searched previous posts didn't find such features in VS.

Regards,
Babu

Are you talking about code completion? I wrote a jdeTips article that details everyting if you have access to that or I think you can request a free copy. If not, in general:

1. don't launch Visual Studio from OMW
2. Create a make file project in Visual Studio
3. Name the project what ever you want, I keep several around. Sales Order, Purchase Order, etc. Or just create new ones as needed
4. In the project wizard blank out the default myprojectname.exe, set Include Search Path = C:\e900\system\include;C:\e900\DV900\include (adjust for your actual E1 install path)
5. Add in the BSFN source files (.h and .c) you wish to edit by right clicking "Header Files" and "Source Files" in the solution explorer pane and then select "Add|Existing Item...". See attached for what VS Solution Explorer pane should look like.
6. Optionally in the solution properties set the debug command line to C:\e900\system\bin32\activConsole.exe. This allows you to launch E1 from VS for debugging instead of having to attach to process.
7. Any new BSFNs you wish to edit can be added by repeating step 5.

VS will create browse info by dynamically parsing any source and header files you add to the solution as well as parsing any files specified with an #include directive and any #include those files may have. Since every BSFN has #include <jde.h> for example, this gets all the JDE api calls and definitions.

Just keep VS and your project open. Do check in/out, BSFN build, etc. from OMW but just do all your code edits and debugging in the VS project and enjoy all the wonders of IntelliSense (code completion, etc.). Honestly, I couldn't code w/o doing this.

Attachments

• SolutonExplorerPOExample.JPG
    SolutonExplorerPOExample.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 29
Are you talking about code completion? I wrote a jdeTips article that details everyting if you have access to that or I think you can request a free copy. If not, in general:

1. don't launch Visual Studio from OMW
2. Create a make file project in Visual Studio
3. Name the project what ever you want, I keep several around. Sales Order, Purchase Order, etc. Or just create new ones as needed
4. In the project wizard blank out the default myprojectname.exe, set Include Search Path = C:\e900\system\include;C:\e900\DV900\include (adjust for your actual E1 install path)
5. Add in the BSFN source files (.h and .c) you wish to edit by right clicking "Header Files" and "Source Files" in the solution explorer pane and then select "Add|Existing Item...". See attached for what VS Solution Explorer pane should look like.
6. Optionally in the solution properties set the debug command line to C:\e900\system\bin32\activConsole.exe. This allows you to launch E1 from VS for debugging instead of having to attach to process.
7. Any new BSFNs you wish to edit can be added by repeating step 5.

VS will create browse info by dynamically parsing any source and header files you add to the solution as well as parsing any files specified with an #include directive and any #include those files may have. Since every BSFN has #include <jde.h> for example, this gets all the JDE api calls and definitions.

Just keep VS and your project open. Do check in/out, BSFN build, etc. from OMW but just do all your code edits and debugging in the VS project and enjoy all the wonders of IntelliSense (code completion, etc.). Honestly, I couldn't code w/o doing this.

Thank you Brian for detail explanation.

I have attached the Image , yellow marked functions.JdeSTRcpy.
If we type just Jdes* then VS should show all the functions starts with JDeS*.

Please let me know is that possible ?

Regards,
babu c.jpg

Yes, if you have everything setup correctly IntelliSense (code completion, etc.) should be working. You can type "jdeStrc" and hit ctrl+space and see a list of matching api calls, definitions, etc. See attached screen shot.

Attachments

• SolutonExplorerPOExample2.JPG
    SolutonExplorerPOExample2.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 22
Yes, if you have everything setup correctly IntelliSense (code completion, etc.) should be working. You can type "jdeStrc" and hit ctrl+space and see a list of matching api calls, definitions, etc. See attached screen shot.

Hi Brian,

yes i can see only JdeSTRcpy and JdeSTRNcpy. in your screen shot there are more more number of functions.
How it is possible ? Please share some steps for" IntelliSense (code completion, etc)" and also on solution properties set the debug command line to C:\e900\system\bin32\activConsole.exe.

Regards,
babu

Not exactly sure what you are asking, but IntelliSense is Microsoft's implementation of code completion in VS. You can Google IntelliSense and learn all the things it does for you in Visual Studio. As for the optional debug command line. Simply highlight your solution in solution explorer in VS, right click and select properties, then select debugging under configuration properties and enter in the path to activConsole.exe in the command parameter. See attached image.

Attachments

• SolutonExplorerExample3.JPG
    SolutonExplorerExample3.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 11
Not exactly sure what you are asking, but IntelliSense is Microsoft's implementation of code completion in VS. You can Google IntelliSense and learn all the things it does for you in Visual Studio. As for the optional debug command line. Simply highlight your solution in solution explorer in VS, right click and select properties, then select debugging under configuration properties and enter in the path to activConsole.exe in the command parameter. See attached image.

Hi Brian,

Please find the screenshot for optional debug command line(VS 2013)
under configuration properties selected -->Debugging Let me know in which field we have to enter the Activeconsole.exe path.

Regards,
babu VS 2013.jpg

Hi Brian,

yes. i got your screen shot.

We are finding difficulty in getting data from BLOB field (From Database ).
Scenario we are developing custom application to update the UBE|version with Queue name (which queue UBE to run). We trying to read data from BLOB field but it returning garbage value.

Please share your thoughts. do you know any standard functions, pointers to read this data and put it in a variable ?

Regards,
babu

Since that is a different topic I would start a new thread with an appropriate subject - probably get more visibility and thus more likely to find the person that knows the answer.

Back