How to change an internal customer to external?

reddy.jde92

Hi,
I am unable to change an internal JDE customer to external customer. Please help me with the steps as how to change an internal JDE customer to external customer.
Thanks in advance!!

Not sure what you mean by internal vs, external, but if it relates to workflow, please see below. If not, you could use search type or a an address book category to represent internal vs. external customer.

Issue 3: Credit Limit workflow messages not appearing in the Work Center.

Resolution 3: There are a few reasons this might happen:

The most common reason for this is that the Approver’s setup for Email/Internet in Address Book is incorrect.

Starting at 8.11SP1 release, messages can be sent to both external e-mail and the Work Center. It may be that only messages are being sent to external email. To correct this:
On Address Book Revision (P01012) inquire on the credit manager's address book record.
Highlight the record and select row exit 'Who's Who'.
Row exit to 'Email/Internet'.
Add a new line and use the drop down to select on Electronic Address Type = Internal Address.
Click OK to save

Note: If you don’t want both external and internal mail for Workflow messages, you can change the existing line, rather than adding a new one.

I'm unable to tell what you mean by internal customer vs external customer. Please provide some more information about what you are trying to do. What is the business need? What does your data look like today, and how do you expect it to change?

In the customer billing information you cn set an internal customer to be "exempt from credit hold." This is accessed from customer master revisions by form exit to billing information.

There are many address book and customer master fields that you may choose to set different for internal vs. external customers, such as:
* Search Type
* Business Unit
* Category Codes
* Payment Terms
* Payment Instrument
* Credit Limit
* Credit Manager/Collection Manager
* Policy Name/Company
* Adjustment Schedule
* Customer Price Group

Also, there are a number of configuration settings to align and establish internal customers as "inter-company" transaction participants. Feel free to email me some of your requirements and I will be happy to assist you.

Back