JDE DEMO Stand Alone 9.1 Setup Files are Gone from E-Delivery

MarcSant

MarcSant

Hello!

I'm searching in E-Delivery for DEMO Setup Files, and I noticed that it appears that Oracle get rid of it.

Anyone else are facing same issue?

By the way, If anyone have this setup files at hand please share with me. I need to test an BI APP, and since my hard disk crashed and now I cannot emulate an entire vm... So I will need to install DEMO in my laptop not in a VM.

Tks,

Marcelo.

I just downloaded it two weeks ago, and now its gone from my list.
Did you download it before ?

I think, they provide only one time download per Support Identifier.

I just downloaded it two weeks ago, and now its gone from my list.
Did you download it before ?

I think, they provide only one time download per Support Identifier.

I don't think so... I downloaded months ago, and I contacted the support and they confirmed that the files was removed (why they do this? who knows?)

Please, can You share with me these files? I need to setup a DEMO environment urgently!

I see the following info on Oracle's support site today:

The software for Standalone 9.1 is NO LONGER available in the Oracle Software Delivery Cloud web site. You can raise a Non Technical Service Request to request the required media.

I see the following info on Oracle's support site today:

The software for Standalone 9.1 is NO LONGER available in the Oracle Software Delivery Cloud web site. You can raise a Non Technical Service Request to request the required media.

Yes, I did that. But, is taking too long since them doesn't know what files they need to provide (sick).

Anyway, if anyone have this files at hand, please share with me. I will appreciate that.

Att,

Marcelo.

Ugh - I'll bring this to the attention of a few ears that might listen. The Standalones are invaluable!

(db)

Ugh - I'll bring this to the attention of a few ears that might listen. The Standalones are invaluable!

(db)

Absolutely! But, how a company removes the previous install version, and the worst: the ENTIRE 9.1 was removed... In other words, if you need to deploy a second app server, or sell a new JDE deployment, you'll not be able to use 9.1 version...

In my entire IT career, we never use the latest version of anything just after it was released to the public... Any technology must be tested, compared, etc... and when are fully tested, we implement. Even worst if we talking about an ERP that controls the Company CORE Business process...

This is the reason that my manager is going crazy about some decisions at Oracle...

Last edited:
The new Oracle edelivery software cloud is a bit of a nightmare for JDE customers. Rather than a single "EnterpriseOne" download link, theres like 50 links for something containing "EnterpriseOne" - and none of the links indicate the version. I also noticed that all the 9.1 files have been removed, even though 9.1 is fully supported for at least the next few years. Oracle needs to get the 9.1 files back up in my opinion.

Of course, this is precisely the reason I tell customers to ALWAYS ensure they download ALL the files and keep them on the deployment server or on a USB drive safely. The 9.1 installation media has been around for a long time, and even though its discouraging to see Oracle remove them from edelivery - you should have the copies somewhere. New deployments should now be only installing 9.2 - by the time they go live, 9.2 should (!) be stable.

I'm editing this post because I just tried searching for the 9.2 Standalone version as well, and theres nothing. I'm hoping this is just an oversight, and that the department responsible for the E1demo environment are scrambling for OpenWorld - I have a call into Oracle on this as well.

Last edited:
I got confirmation that the 9.2 standalone is delayed. I remember that when 9.1 came out, the 9.1 standalone took a few weeks to follow, so obviously we're in the same situation. Its wierd, because most of us "veterans" remember when the standalones were released weeks or even months before the full product !

Thanks.

This link is so helpful. I was searching the web and did not find the files. I first thought i was doing something wrong, until i found this link. Does any one has these files?

Even if we did have these files, it would be HIGHLY illegal to share them with someone else, and would open anyone up on here to a potential MAJOR legal issue with Oracle. If you have an active support ID with oracle, you can instead contact them directly and ask them to provide a link to the files - which they will do for any business reason.

Hello friends, I requested the files from Oracle via non-technical request on My Oracle Support, following the Knowledge Garden article, and received an answer within minutes that they were putting up a ftp link for me to download the files. I haven't received the link yet but I'll keep you informed.
THese are probably the only files that I didn't backup when I changed PCs, since I didn't expect them to vanish from E-delivery....

EnterpriseOne 9.2 Standalone is still not available yet. Not sure why. I'm not sure that Oracle fully understands the importance of Standalone for marketing, sales and pre-implementation tasks these days. I know that the people I talk to are frustrated that 9.2 Standalone isn't available yet - but to have released 9.2 and not Standalone more than a month later is really starting to be concerning.

Unfortunately i am not sure that the standalone still has marketing or sales value, since there are now various websites that expose the latest tools version, for example the one from steltix that i must admit, i have used a couple of times. Personnaly, i was using the standalone to test and debug scenarios while on train where i cannot use the internet. This was getting more frustating with the latest standalone where the web generation of new forms would take ages, but it was better than nothing, and the omw/ er rules editing were actually not affected performance-wise.

I heard from a non-oracle resource that Standalone 9.2 will be available in December. Thats better news. Reivilo - while you're absolutely correct that a full version is better, many consultants do not have the access to a full version that they can restore and set up for a customers data for pre-sales. Many times, pre-sales consultants will demonstrate how customers can utilize E1 by demonstrating how E1 works with similar data/setup to a customer. The importance of Standalone for pre-sales is unquestionable, and you definitely want to have something reliable for that important demo - rather than a third party that might shut down E1 without notice ! I have a full E1 hosted on AWS for demonstration purposes - but I still feel that Standalone helps with pre-sales. Nobody wants standalone to "go away".

To further Jon's comments - many employees use the Standalone to validate 'Standard' functionality against their 'Customized' systems. The Standalone is not 'just for' Pre-Sales and Consultants... I mean, some of us 'employees' use it, too....

Back