JDE Standalone 9.1 - JDE.INI, JAS.INI, JDBJ.INI Files - Windows 8.1 Install

bakerzoid

bakerzoid

Hi Folks,

Installed Standalone 9.1 on Windows 8.1. Solutions Explorer, seems to work fine. I can launch programs, update data fields, etc. I launch the Enterprise One Menu from the Tools drop down and it displays as it should.

However, if I launch a program from Fast Path such as P0010, it will start but a screen or grid will not display. I get a blank screen with "Work With Companies" displayed in the upper left hand corner of the screen. "Opening Application" is displayed on the other side of the screen.

The application never opens. It appears from the jderoot.log that perhaps a setting in an ini file might be incorrect. It is unclear to me what specific parameter in which file needs to be set to a different value.

Checked the jas log and did not see anything catastrophic.

However the JDEROOT log had this.
com.jdedwards.database.base.JDBException: [INVALID_DATASOURCE_TYPE] Type Override for DataSource LOCAL is not supported.
02 Sep 2015 12:19:35,982 [SEVERE] - [BASE] com.jdedwards.database.base.JDBException: [INVALID_DATASOURCE_TYPE] Type Override for DataSource LOCAL is not supported. com.jdedwards.database.base.JDBException: [INVALID_DATASOURCE_TYPE] Type Override for DataSource LOCAL is not supported.

Anyone have an idea? If someone has installed 9.1 on Windows 8.1 could you send me or post the following 3 files from your installation?

jde.ini
jas.ini
jdbj.ini

Would like to compare the settings in these files from a working install to mine.

Thanks,

Jack

Once you launch the local web client, add the current URL into your Internet Explorer compatibility view settings. Then try again (after closing JDE completely and restarting). That might do it.

Back