Grid row color - are there other options to the standard colors?

dwolfe

We have a grid that shows different types of transactions and we're trying to use some different colors for the grid rows. Standard options aren't that great. Any other tricks for visually "categorizing" grid rows or setting custom colors?

Thanks

E1 9.1

Please use the below system function to setup the grid colors

Set Grid Color(FC Grid, <Currently Selected Row>, <All Columns>, <Yellow>)

Hi,

I tried through system functions like below, and I think it won't affect much on your application processing speed.

1. First we can create different push button depending on the number of different types of transactions. For each push button we will set the colour of the currently selected row using the system function "Set Grid Color(FC Grid, <Currently Selected Row>, <All Columns>, <Maroon>)". Hide these push buttons.

2. Now go by each row individually and will determine the type of transaction and will call the corresponding push button

Please use the below system function to setup the grid colors

Set Grid Color(FC Grid, <Currently Selected Row>, <All Columns>, <Yellow>)

Thanks for your suggestion. I'm familiar with Set Grid Color and we've used that. However the colors are either too bright or too dark.

You can also try changing the font color. It can be a little less noisy.

Craig

I agree - those are pretty crappy color choices :-(
And 7 years later, it's still the same crappy colors it seems.
(Was searching the list to see if it's possible to get other, less crappy colors in the grid - I guess not).

Instead of Colors consider using Grid Icons on the Rows to show the different types. They actually look pretty good and you can create/publish/promote your own icons if you want to.

I have it in the back of my head we can use the hexadecimal value rather than selecting an actual colour. (<<< spelt correctly by the way :) )
But I need to get my rusty cogs turning on this and how exactly to do it :)

I have it in the back of my head we can use the hexadecimal value rather than selecting an actual colour. (<<< spelt correctly by the way :) )
How do you know it?

It's very interesting. But why? Because it's probably inject javascript and modify background-color to a html component, but I don't know how could have different background color rows in base to jde logic. I'm thinking in base a flag column, iterate with a javascript for all rows get flag column and get component id (jdeGridData0_1.0, jdeGridData0_1.1, jdeGridData0_1.2, etc.) and inject javascript document.getElementById("jdeGridData0_1.X").backgroundColor = "color/Hexadecimal";
1710340302156.png
But it's not easy and quiet crazy haha

I think I maybe confusing it wth something else, but there is a way to pick a #hex value in something in JDE apps. I need to get my cogs turning and I'll get back to you
Please 🙏 and if could be with a transparecy better haha

Last edited:
Back