DEMO and tools releases

JMR

VIP Member
Hey all,
Anybody ever upgraded a tools release on DEMO? I would like to upgrade my 9.1 DEMO to TR 9.1.4 or 9.1.5 ... possible? If so, any guidance on how to go about it would be greatly appreciated. I see the TR downloads on the Oracle site, but they appear to be very non-DEMO oriented. Not being much of a CNC guy, I have no idea how to proceed if even possible.

Thanks!

Hi Jer,

I read, and I am told - that you only have to replace the System folder. I haven't tried it - but that's what I see and hear.

Rename the current System to System_Bak, and put the 9.1.5.x TR in as System. They tell me you can flip back and forth, after that.

When I rebuild my standalone, I'll confirm (also).

(db)

Thanks, Dan.

That makes sense. However, I can't find any download that would be just a "drop-in" to the \system folder. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place, but there are 16 downloads in the 9.1.5 media pack on the edelivery site. There doesn't appear to be any documentation on how to go about this... especially for a DEMO environment. It appears to be singularly geared for an enterprise installation.

Anyone know of a TR download for DEMO?

Edit: I did find some reference to performing this task (Update Standalone TR), but I don't seem to have access the "Update Center" that is apparently the source of such a download.

Last edited:
Hi Jeremy,

I belive you can just download the desired deployment server .par where they reference the "WINCLIENT from the update center". Then manually pull out the system cabs as described.

Craig

Craig,

Your suggestion seems to be working. I downloaded the deployment server par and just unzipped all the system cabs into the \system folder. So far, so good!

Thanks!

Thanks JMR.
The guide states that you have to reinstall the Standalone after replacing the system.cab files, but I did not have the Standalone installaiton files anymore, but here is what I did (it worked) :
-rename E910\System to system_bak,
- unzip all System.cab, System1.cab, System2.cab etc into a system folder that i copy to E910
- copy/paste all *.bat files from system_bak\OC4J to system\OC4J
- copy/paste system_bak\JDK to system\JDK
- copy/paste these files located in E910\System_bak\OC4J\j2ee\home\applications\webclient.ear\webclient\WEB-INF\classes, the same location in \system :
jas.ini, jdbj.ini, bulkgen.txt, genapp.ini, tnsnames.ora, jdelog.properties, htmlclient.ini

I did a fresh install of StandAlone with Tools Release 9.1.5.02 just following the instructions on the manual and it worked just fine. Now I'm trying to make OVR and BSSV work with it.

Attachments

• demo_screenshot.JPG
    demo_screenshot.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 62
Hi Guys,

It works. Not anymore to version 9.2.

Att,

Marcelo.

Last edited:
Hi All

Thanks for all the tips. This information is useful and I am successfully upgraded my tools release. So far so good. Now, I cannot access FASTPATH on the web. Any ideas how I can turn it on?

Thanks, Gov

Did anyone tried to do the same with the new tools release? I made the procedure to copy system files and when I start the ActiveConsole the Logon Database Screen appears. Any hint?

Ops! If I don't what is the version how people will find out? I'm talking about 9.2.0.1, that is available in e-Delivery.

Last edited:
Are you able to make OVR/BSSV work with any of the 9.1 install?

I am getting 'No Data' error after successful installation of Demo 9.1, BI P Trial Edition, Boilerplate import etc.

Back