Report interconnect - Without Print Dialog

MarcSant

MarcSant

Hello Guys,

I searched the jdelist and didn't found a proper answer, so, I'm posting this as new Thread. I need to call a UBE, passing some parameters to RI, and everytime that I do that, the printer dialog shows...

Anyone know a way to suppress this? Some BSFN that I found can launch my UBE silently but I can't pass some parameters to it....

I'm trying to avoid the task to make a BSFN to do that, but, I'm starting to realize that maybe this will be the only way.

Thank you,

Marcelo.

Hi

It depends where you are calling it from. Another UBE or an APPL screen?

It's the Print Immediate setting that's popping up the screen. Try googling for that

Last edited:
Hi Marcelo,

It will be easier to write your own BSFN which uses - jdeLaunchUBEEx() api. All you will need to is pass the RI values as the BSFN params, and then internally launch the UBE using the API.
Search through the source files which uses the API to know how to use it.

Regards
Deepesh

Hi Marcelo,
You need to create a 'wrapper' business function.
There are many functions launching a batch, one of them is B31B0005 Launch R31B34. Observe its code, clone it, and change the clone to call your UBE.

Marcello,

I have done this - twice. See the threads and links below.

June 2007 and May 2013: Thread: print immediate (see attachments by sselman in post #5, #6 and #7 of the thread; and the attachment by peterbruce in post #8 of the thread and the update in post #12 of the thread)
Link to thread: http://www.jdelist.com/vb4/showthread.php/31224-print-immediate

Jan/Feb 2006: Thread: BF B986162B mult print copies of UBE (see the attachment by peterbruce in post #3 of the thread)
Link to thread: http://www.jdelist.com/vb4/showthread.php/26192-BF-B986162B-mult-print-copies-of-UBE

Hi Marcelo

You can try putting the Report Interconnect (RI) call in NER and call the NER instead. This will automatically suppress the Printer Dialog for the RI call. I should work on FAT not very sure about Thin / Web client though. Please try and let us know the results.

Thanks

Thank you all for answers! I'm working in a remote place, with limited internet access. The bsush answer did the trick: I wrote a NER and call the UBE inside it, with the desired results. Again, thank you all for assistance. If anyone of you resides in Brazil we used to say "I Own you a Beer". :)

Thanks,

Marcelo.

Thank you all for the ideas and tips, I implemented the solution that bsush provided. This really did the trick. Again, thank you all for the tips.

Thank you all for the ideas and tips, I implemented the solution that bsush provided. This really did the trick. Again, thank you all for the tips.

Hi Marcelo, good to know that your issue is resolved, but I am really curious to know if the NER solution works on the web/ thin client too or only on the FAT client. Could you please let us know.

Thanks

Hi Marcelo, good to know that your issue is resolved, but I am really curious to know if the NER solution works on the web/ thin client too or only on the FAT client. Could you please let us know.

Thanks

Woops. The Printer Dialog is never called when the UBE is run on FAT client. My mistake. So the solution does work on the web/ thin client. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks

Back