Show Attachments on the Grid lines without pressing the magnifying/paperclp icon

sheeba

Reputable Poster
How easy is it to show Attachments on grid lines when you press find without having to click on the magnifying plus paper clip icon on the row header title line?

User does not want to click on the paper clip icon (up on the row header line) to see which lines in the grids have attachments but instead they want it to show up automatically when they press find.

Please let me know if anyone has made this happen. Oracle sent me a document to be able to add a Form or Row exit to view attachments , I am trying to see if I can leverage of off that document.

Any help will be appreciated

thanks
Sheeba

I am trying to show paper clips without pressing on the 'search for attachments' button on the top left header line .

I've done this before, and what I had to do was call the system function to get the text attachment's text in a large variable, and then had to parse out the text to fit in the column I had on my grid (it was only 30 chars long), and insert extra grid rows as needed.

I see you're on TR 8.98. If you upgrade to TR 9.1.4.x, with the new Cafe One layouts, you could create a custom app which would display a media object and then link that app to your main grid, so as you moved through the grid, the selected record's media object would be displayed in the related app. The jump from TR 8.98 to 9.1.4.x will be a significant one for you and your users, with the new Navigator menu and introduction of E1 Pages.

Thanks so much for your reply.

The users want to see the existing attachments on the grid lines when pressing Find button - without having to click on the 'search attachments' (magnifying plus paper clip button found on the row header)

I got it done using this on the Form - Write Grid Line - After event

//
Media Object Structures(GT15217, <Default Media Object>, <Exist>, VA frm_MediaObjectExist_EV01, GC Building, GC Unit)
//
If VA frm_MediaObjectExist_EV01 is equal to "1"
Set Grid Text Indicator(FC Grid, <Currently Selected Row>, <Yes>)
Else
Set Grid Text Indicator(FC Grid, <Currently Selected Row>, <No>)
End If

Alls well that ends well! :)

Have a great day all.

regards
Sheeba

Thanks - Soooooooo Much

Thanks so much for your reply.

The users want to see the existing attachments on the grid lines when pressing Find button - without having to click on the 'search attachments' (magnifying plus paper clip button found on the row header)

I got it done using this on the Form - Write Grid Line - After event

//
Media Object Structures(GT15217, <Default Media Object>, <Exist>, VA frm_MediaObjectExist_EV01, GC Building, GC Unit)
//
If VA frm_MediaObjectExist_EV01 is equal to "1"
Set Grid Text Indicator(FC Grid, <Currently Selected Row>, <Yes>)
Else
Set Grid Text Indicator(FC Grid, <Currently Selected Row>, <No>)
End If

Alls well that ends well! :)

Have a great day all.

regards
Sheeba

Back