General Error in Method Check In

anggoro

Dear All

Sorry for stupid question.
I'm using E1 9.0
I've made revisions in some objects but when i want to check in those objects to PD (38) there is an error message "General error in method check in".

What's wrong with my JDE ?

Thanks you

What type of object?

If it is a Function - you might not have authority to the folders on the server (very common on new installs / upgrades)

(db)

Check the OMW logs (assuming that it has not been turned off - it is on by default) for the objects in the OMW project(s) that are producing the error. If I remember correctly, when that error arises the message actually says to check the OMW logs.

If you don't understand the log or do not know how to resolve the problem(s) then post the OMW log information along with your Installation config (see mine below as an example).

A debug log of the check-in attemp might also be handy to diagnose and fix the problem.

Hi anggoro

Have you checked out the object from PD? Status 38?

The normal behaviour is that developers would check out objects from DV at status 21 and once checked in would then use the OMW promotion process to get an object to PD (status 38).

However it is possible for a developer to want to do a check out/in within another environment or status, but generally the project status activity rules will not exist to allow a check in at status 38.

Hope this helps
Aidy

Back