Change icon of form exits' button

LHoffman

Change icon of form exits\' button

Hello all,

I'm working on a customization where I create some Form Exits' buttons and flag them to show in Toolbar.

I would like to change the default icons to other avaiable icons. I defined in Form Exits the Bitmap Strip and for each button I set an icon from that strip.

But when I'm testing in Local Web Development the icons don't change, they still the same default icons.

I'm working with Enterprise One 8.12 TR 8.97.2.3, Oracle 11g DB and OAS in Local Web Development.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Re: Change icon of form exits\' button

I have a guide from a long time ago entitled "Add a Bitmap Strip to an Exit in Form Design Aid", which states: "An enhancement request exists in the system requesting this functionality under ICE # 1081343000 SAR 6534661. However, this ICE/SAR references a parent SAR which has been returned as 09 - Closed-No Further Action. Therefore the EnterpriseOne software does not support using custom icons/buttons on the web client.". But it's an old guide. Dunno the current status. Having said that: I can't remember having ever seen custom icons in web client.

Hi LHoffman,

Maybe not a real solution, but what about to create a new menu on the toolbar / menu and place your exit under that and try again Bit Map Strip "trick"?

Regards,

Zoltán

The bit map strip doesn't work on the web client. It's sad but true. I don't know why Oracle hasn't given us this ability in the web client. It is very dumb!

[ QUOTE ]
The bit map strip doesn't work on the web client. It's sad but true. I don't know why Oracle hasn't given us this ability in the web client. It is very dumb!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, not really a 'selling point'.

Thanks for the help guys. I'm still stuck in this problem, but I'll try another approach to solve it!

I'll keep you informed in case I can do any workaround.

Hi LHofann,

I am not familiar on your release, but maybe there is a "durty" work around: placing a pressable bitmap on the form - iif it works on your scenario. I used this technique on XE many times for main functionality.

Regards,

Zoltán

I'm the same, does not work in web, I think it might be for the Deployment, Search.
Cheers
bye

In web not works. You could insert a images and check clickable in property.

Regads.

Back