Error: General Error in method, Check-In

Rauf

Rauf

VIP Member
Sometimes, I could not check-in 'Batch Versions'. I get the following error,

Error: General Error in method, Check-In

CAUSE....A General Error occured while attempting to call the Check-In method.
RESOLUTION.. Inspect the Object Management Workbench Logging System for...

By inspecting 'jdedebug.log', I could see the following,

Entering jdeCloseDictionary
Exited jdeCloseDictionary with DDType 0
Return value is 0 for GetUDC. (BSFNLevel = 3)
Call to OMWCallMethod for method, Check-In, returned in failure.
Entering JDB_GetEnv

Hi Rauf,

[ QUOTE ]
RESOLUTION.. Inspect the Object Management Workbench Logging System for...

By inspecting 'jdedebug.log', I could see the following,

[/ QUOTE ]

Inspect Object Management Workbench Logging System NOT jdedebug.log

You can check the logs of all actions (depending on your OMW logging setup - by default setting All Actions). The log has three level Log, Detail Log, Full Text)

By the way, in which environment (Path Code) got you that? Is the report a newly created one? If yes, the UBE had been checked-in and promoted to the Patc Code, where you work?

Regards,

Zoltán

Hi Rauf,

validate the event rule of your 'Batch Versions' and verify it successfully validates or not.

I have got this type of error when some variables of the event rule gets missing.

Thanks,

Dhaval

Rauf,

A couple things to consider:
- Zoltan suggested, the UBE has to be checked-in before you can check-in your Version
- Let's say your testing in PY and create a new version (JDEL0001). That Version has not been created in DV (the check-in environment). If you attempt to check-in from PY - there won't be a DV Record and the Check-In will fail.
- ER Compare your version against the Template (just to see if you messed something)

(db)

Hi Dhaval Soni,

[ QUOTE ]
validate the event rule of your 'Batch Versions' and

[/ QUOTE ]

you can call ER Validatin from RDA menu, but it always happens, when you leave RDA with SAVE (at least on XE).

Regards,

Zoltán

Hi All of You,

About UBEVER Chec-In (at least on XE):

By default OMW configuration, UBEVER Check-In goes tO DV as well to the logged on Path Code. UBEVER is not really Object Librarian type of object. I understand why do it works so. Creating UBEVER not really a development. Consultants, users can create new versions in PD or PY - this is the real activity (they do not know OMW and the all process of Projects, Promotion, etc.)- but it is a bit conflict with OMW concept.

There is an OMW Activity Rule setting change to Check-In UBEVER only to the logged on Path Code (I had benn posted it more years ago).

By the way, UBEVER can cause problems, when you delete an UBEVER and want to create a new, with the same ID - because it exist on both - logged on path code and on DV

Another thing, all of our consultants have a lot of UBEVER entry in their default project. They never know OMW, they are using BV application, but all of their actions on UBEVER goes under thei defalut Project in OMW.

Deleting an UBEVER is also not too simple, because you receive a message, that it exist in an other project. At this point I search the UBEVER - oin wich project do they exists and I remove them form all pojects, delete in my temporary project an finally remove it from my temporary project.

Hope, this isn't too céoudy.

Regards,

Zoltán

Back