Data Selection Literal Part Import Data

b0rj

Hi,

Is there any possibility to import records into the data selection literal part - list of values?

Nope, but you may consider filtering your data using custom UDCs or a custom table.

Hi,
Yes, it is not possible to import data into the External data selection. But you can import the data to the User Data selection using (RI values).

This can be done by creating a Temp/Custom table (which stores the appropriate data s)
In the UBE Initialize section: Use "Set User Selection" system function to filter your desired data and process the UBE.

Steps:

1. Create a Temp table F55xxxx insert the data based on (UKID / EDBT)
2. In the UBE which is to be called:
Init Sect:
> Create a While loop for the SQL Query (User selection must run in a loop)
> Use Table I/O Select, Fetch Next to fetch your custom table values.

It is a round around process, but there is no other way and it worked very fine for me.

Another round-robin way to do this is to use a "Group Selection Table", instead of a "Processing Options Data Structure (PO Template)"

Let's say you wanted to query the F0006, and always use Pre-Defined Data Selection for the Business Unit. When user run a report, they want to put in a 1 and get the same six Business Units, 2 would get a different set and 3 still another set.

Create a table F55THIS:
EV01, MCU
* Primary Key is Both Columns

Add F55THIS to a current BSVW, setting Table.MCU = F55THIS.MCU

In the Data Selection of the report, set F55THIS = New EV01 Processing Option.

Populate the F55THIS with the EV01 (Group) and Business Units.

Now, you can data select on a pre-defined group, based on the Table. It's not Data Selection on the Fly - but it does make Consolidation, grouping and Integrity much better defined.

Play Time?

(db)
Populate the

Hi all,

Kindly request oracle for this enhancement for import option in data selection.

There is a bug already registered with Oracle, they'll take it as enhancement only if the demand for this request is more.

I have already requested for this.

Others please raise the same.

Bug 10993620 - IMPORT EXCEL INTO DATA SELECTI - SAR: 8859291.

Best Regards,
cpk

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your suggestion.

But if the user wants to select a group of data randomly at run time (from Custom Application P55XXXX) and print only the selected data (say for Pick Slip UBE).

In such condition will this "Group Selection Table" work?

Regards,
Sharanya

Sharanya,

That concept of building a Data Selection table can be taken further and used as the 'submitting' application for the UBE.

Instead of Data Selection at the Version, they could go into an application, assign a number to the report, put in all the data selection for that one column, then submit from the report using Report Interconnects.

I'm trying to get things to slow down a bit. I'll try to find time before month end to provide a show-tell on the JDEResearch site. I'm guessing that there might be more questions about whether or not an arrow pierced my brain or if I am able to properly explain without pictures. I might provide a Zip to download.

(db)

Finally! - I found an evening with some breathing time.

Please review the following link, for the Data Selection List concept. Maybe a few will benefit, if you haven't already been using the concept.

JDEResearch's Data Selection List Page

Sorry that a few of the images are a bit small, I'd bet you still get the idea.

(db)

Hi,
We have create a IE Plug-in with Javascript. When user submit report and goto list of value, then launch the IE Plug-in to get data from user and add the value one by one. Form user side, he can copy/paste the records into list of value.

Regards
Chenzhirong

Attachment is the code.
add a right click menu to IE base on below:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MenuExt\JDE Import DataSelection]
@="C:\\Program Files\\JDE\\ImportValueList.htm"

Attachments

• 179103-ImportValueList.zip
    3.2 KB · Views: 431
Hi chenzhirong,
This was an awsooome solution. We had been struggling for so long and now I used your method and it worked. I am able to copy multiple records into Data selection. How ever there is one problem. The pop up box is showing in characters and not propoer text. Do you have any suggestions to get this fixed. I would really appreciate it. I am attaching a screen shot.
Regards,
Maji

Attachments

• 181481-Pop Up Message.jpg
    181481-Pop Up Message.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 151
hello, i am a user in JDE rather than development/support and trying to get the javascript example to work. can anyone assist me with this please?

thanks

This is a fabulous solution that worked for us on E1 9.0, but over the weekend, we upgraded to tools release 9.1, and the code no longer works. The popup appears correctly and populates the LOV, but as soon as the code completes, it appears to refresh the LOV page, and all entries disappear. Interestingly enough, if I manually enter a couple of values and then launch the code, the new values are added to the list as expected, but when the code completes, the page refreshes back to the point where I had manually entered values.

Has anybody tested with tools release 9.1 and come up with a solution? Thanks!

Thank you chenzhirong! This is a marvelous script. Works great. Has anyone created something similar for Chrome?

@Justin429 - we you able to get this script working for E1 9.1

Awesome script

Thanks Chenzhirong for the excellent workaround script.

One issue though, we could run the script in 9.1 TR9.1.2, but some how when we use it for 9.0 TR 9.1.4 - the screen gets refreshed after adding multiple values to the JDE list grid. During the process, it shows items getting added to the JDE grid, but after last item, the grid gets refreshed and nothing is stored in there.
Any clue?

Thanks in advance.

Has anyone been able to get this to work with 9.1 yet? We constantly have issues with our commitment integrity were we have to enter hundreds of account ID's into a Purge, Audit, Repost process and have to manually enter each one. I thought this script would be a huge timesaver but i keep getting the garbled text and refreshed to blank list when I test.

Thanks!

Thanks Chenzhirong for the excellent workaround script.

One issue though, we could run the script in 9.1 TR9.1.2, but some how when we use it for 9.0 TR 9.1.4 - the screen gets refreshed after adding multiple values to the JDE list grid. During the process, it shows items getting added to the JDE grid, but after last item, the grid gets refreshed and nothing is stored in there.
Any clue?

Thanks in advance.

I have created a new script which works with TR 9.1.5

Please check if it works for you as well :)

PFA.

Thanks & Regards

Nimish Prabhu

Edit: The code had issues with IE 9, I have rewritten the logic fixing the issue and also the speed of adding has been improved. PFA new files and installation guide.

Attachments

• JDEImport.zip
    201.9 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Another more Secure Solution for all Browsers and Fat Client

My JDE team found this solution to their problem of data selection, and asked me (as Information Security Officer) for Risk Assessment of this tool.
As you can see that you need to disable a lot of Security options and you need Admin Access to setup this tool. Furthermore, when you install Chrome Extension, it caution that this extension can “Read and change all your data on all websites you visit”.
ChromeExt.jpg

Keeping in view that now a days Man-in-the-browser attacks are on the rise, and users use same browsers for All apps including Banking sites, I refused to allow this tool, however by looking at their big problem I wrote few lines of Windows Script, which can be used with any browser and even with fat client. No need of Admin Access, No security disabling and no Registry editing. Anyone can review the code of 8 lines easily. Lastly within lesser clicks you can achieve your objective.

Installation Instructions

Please follow below steps to setup this script:

1. Extract files from JDELiterals.zip to any folder

2. Run 'SetupJDELiterals.bat'
3. One colorful shortcut will be created on your desktop like this: icon.jpg

4. Drag this shortcut on task bar to pin on task bar

Now you can ‘Copy’ any multiline text > Go to JDE Screen > Click on above shortcut (to ‘Paste’)

If you can’t download executables, then follow below manual instructions:
1. Copy following script in notepad:
on error resume next
Set sh = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
Sh.SendKeys("%{ESC}")
arrLines = Split(CreateObject("htmlfile").ParentWindow.ClipboardData.GetData("text"), vbCrLf)
For Each strLine in arrLines
sh.SendKeys strLine + "~"
Wscript.Sleep 500
Next
2. Save file in folder e.g. C:\JDELiterals\ with name (including commas): "JDE.vbs"
3. Copy this path: WSCRIPT C:\JDELiterals\JDE.vbs
4. Create a new shortcut on desktop and paste above path, Give nice name to shortcut e.g. 'JDELiterals'
5. Drag shortcut on task bar to pin on task bar

Now you can ‘Copy’ any multiline text > Go to JDE Screen > Click on above shortcut (to Paste’)

Attachments

• JDELiterals.zip
    10.6 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
I have created a new script which works with TR 9.1.5

Please check if it works for you as well :)

PFA.

Thanks & Regards

Nimish Prabhu

Edit: The code had issues with IE 9, I have rewritten the logic fixing the issue and also the speed of adding has been improved. PFA new files and installation guide.

Thank you Nimish! That is amazing and such a time saver!

Back