Cross Reference Report...

pbare

Well Known Member
Hi All,

I have a question about the cross reference. Is there any way to reference where a UDC is used? My users want to change the size on one of the fields and I want to provide them with an impact report of some sort but I don't see UDC's in the JDE Xref tool

Thanks
Pam

"My users want to change the size on one of the fields ..."

This is an easy one to answer Pam. Just say "NO" to your end users. If just one table has a column whose size is less than the desired expansion you have to say no.
You don't change field sizes or data types on existing fields in E1 - if you do get your resume updated (leaving that last bit out).

lol - thanks - I agree that changing the field size is a bad thing to do - what I was hoping for is an easy way to produce a report showing the impact of such a change :)

I can produce one easily enough that shows where a Data Item is used but can't find anything that would show where the UDC is used.

That might be a little tricker since the data is stored in a different table and can be retrieved from a business function.

Pam,

I agree with Larry's comments about the advisability of changing existing column lengths or types in JDE.

However, to give you some basis to argue against such changes, below is a SQL that may provide what you need. It returns the columns that use the data dictionary items that are defined to be edited using a UDC. The problem is that this may be only some of the uses of a UDC. Another use maybe as a flag and that may or may not be stored in a table. The sql below returns the tables that use the data dictionary item that uses UDC H00/PE, the posting edit code. This is for my system (Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, E8.11sp1 8.97.2.1, ES Sun, Oracle DB 10.2, Websphere 6 Win2K3. Forms: Create!form Server 3/Server 6)

SELECT *
FROM PD811.F98711
WHERE TDOBND IN (SELECT FRDTAI FROM DD811.F9210
WHERE FROWER = 'UDC'
AND FROER1 = 'H00' -- F0005.DRSY
AND FROER2 = 'PE' -- F0005.DRRT
AND FRDTAI = TDOBND)
AND TDOBNM LIKE 'F%'

[ QUOTE ]

I can produce one easily enough that shows where a Data Item is used but can't find anything that would show where the UDC is used.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, you cant even really rely on the cross reference facility to tell you the impact of a DD item size change. The cross refernce is a great tool but it leaves out a BUNCH of stuff. Pretty much anything inside of C BSFNs is left out. It should really only be used as a starting point, not the definitive answer.

Back