Time Zone

mgerritt

Well Known Member
This probably isn't strictly a JDE question, but it affects use of JDE. To my knowledge the AS/400 and JDE only supports one time zone. This presents all sorts of legal and accounting issues when our Asian operations are printing invoices at 9AM in China, except they are dated YESTERDAY since the AS/400 is located in Connecticut USA. has anyone found a workaround for this?

mgerritt,
I don't have an answer for you. I just wondered if your *dattim system values were properly set. I would expect the dates in China to be TOMORROW instead of YESTERDAY since the new day there begins before the new day begins in Connecticut. Or, have I totally misunderstood the situation? Debi

Hi Marc,

You may not be in position to do this, but I have a client with two AS/400s. One is used for Asia and has their time zone, the other is in the states and has the time zone there. You can also do this with LPARs. On Fridays they do a full SAVSYS & SAVDLO back up the Asia system since it is Saturday, works great.

Thanks. We are going to look at TimeZone and Anytime and see if they help. Solutions that chop up our environment by locale don't fit our business model. I would be grateful to hear from anyone who is running a single World environment across multiple time zones, languages and local regulations. We are finding implementing World around the world much more difficult that we expected it to be.

Marc, Please tell us what solution you decide on regarding Invoice Printing in other time zone. I imagine that some IBM i and JDE World sites whose operations span multiple time zones, while running on one LPAR, have developed work-arounds.

It's much easier with E1. You can have separate web servers set to separate time zones. Perhaps you can implement the web for World?

I tried out the code by Carsten, and it works well; allows display of local time based on a user profile setting.

So, I asked Oracle support if there are any plans to add local time display to World. Their reply:

"The time displayed is from the IBM system value. JDE World doesn't have any application, or have plans to create an application that will display time as a user preference. At least not for the future release that is A93.

Regards"

printing china is a good place to know about china and also where you can turn to when encountering some technical printing issues. printing china

Back