Suppressing Warning mesages from Business Function

radi8

Well Known Member
I am writing a speed WO entry app. It works properly, but I have 1 issue, I need to suppress warning messages from the X4801 Edit Line business function. I still need to stop on any and all hard errors, but not on warnings.

Is this possible? If so, how? Any help is appreciated.

I am not yet use the BF, but based on desc of BF, you only need care error code "2" otherwise BF will add/update cached record. Or if error code <> "2" clear control error what ever warning happened or not. My understanding is you can't stop it (waring) since it issued by C or part of function but you can clear it.

Ray

[ QUOTE ]
I am not yet use the BF, but based on desc of BF, you only need care error code "2" otherwise BF will add/update cached record. Or if error code <> "2" clear control error what ever warning happened or not. My understanding is you can't stop it (waring) since it issued by C or part of function but you can clear it.

Ray

[/ QUOTE ]

Ray: this would be a good solution except that the X4801 Edit Line is supposed to return a WO Doc number, and it does not do so if it generates a WARNING or ERROR.

One of the requirements that I have is for the WO creation process to ignore any warning that is generated due to a date issue, i.e. if the start date created by JDE is less than today's date. Since this utility processes a large number of records simultaneously (spreadsheet imports), and also since I am to assume that the user knows more that the system, I need to ignore date specific issues during the Edit Line processes.

Unfortunately, this may require the use of a customized business function, which I am dreading.

In the standard plain vanilla P48013, if a date is wrong you get a warning which you can ignore and re-process. How does the system do this? I need to determine a process where if this condition occurs to auto-reprocess the line.

Hi,

you could try using the B4902000 BSFN after the edit line which clears all error/warning messages. I use this in 8.11 for bespoke speed SOE.

You may need to check you have warnings and not errors before issuing.

Hope it works.

I think that worked. It is still generating the warning at the Edit Line level, but the DOCO pops out at the End Doc, so we are good to go (at least it would appear so).

Back