P4205 locked after TR upgrade

Hi Bruno,

[ QUOTE ]
can you post the link you mentioned, i'm not a good seracher but, of course, a good reader.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not kow, what link do yo refer.

You should practice your searcher skills. This time first lesson, search for keyword "Transaction" and User Name "Zoltan_Gyimesi" for all foums and from beginning of JDELIst - you willgot some hits (140
grin.gif
) - and hea comes your "good reader" skills
tongue.gif

Of course, if I can help - will do it as I can.

Regards,

Zoltán

Hi Bruno,

[ QUOTE ]
but i need to ballance this work with the cost and the result

[/ QUOTE ]

I appreciate it - mainly we are also in similar boat, but consider:
Resolving an issue and open an other potential risk/hazard which can produce data integrity issue in the future:
- later noticed problem
- hard to investigate the case - correcting the data
- determine the solution, which will be identical to put everything in the same transaction scope (which is my original recommendation)

...no more about "cost and the result".

[ QUOTE ]
So what i'm missing?

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Assuming (and untill now really i can't say nothing of different) that removing the transaction property works without impact on businees operation, this is, in my point of view, the best choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just an example:
Entering more records, which cause "Primary Key Violation" on OK - some of DB operations (Insert/Update) will be performered, other won't be - here is the new issue - please, let me to not deeper to descriibe - and this is one scenaio, which can cause problem.

Transaction processing also important for Fetch/Read Only operations, because out of Transaction Scope won't be see the new values/record which are incuded to Transaction.

Regarding your "good reader" skills, could be a good base to read "Transaction Processing" chapter in the Developer's manual - and we will add the remainings to it on JDEList.

Regards,

Zoltán

Zoltan,
I don't understand very well your scenario.

In order to take advantage from transactions, at ER level, table IO need to be performed with an open table included in trasaction and this is not the case of P4205.

Of course at EndDoc level db errors can occurs on some records but as I seid EndDoc was not in transaction before my operation so fails at this level doesn't rollback statemnts in other place of code, not itself too (from dev manual: "Should a failure occur and
you need to roll back database operations for the business function, you must designate Include in Transaction
on the business function call." .

The only issue, removing transaction propertie from form, is on F41021 file as Oracle document explain (found following your lesson
wink.gif
).

So I need to repeat myself: What I'm missing?

Back