Can I run R8900165 outside an Upgrade Plan?

Seedsman90

Hi, we are an XE customer doing a clean install of 9.0 and an import of various tables and modified objects. We have a requirement to bring forward the attachments etc in F00165 and MOQUE. I've found R8900165 but don't know how to run it stand-alone and get it to point to the right stuff. I've played with OCMs and data sources. I've read everything related in the Knowledge Base with no joy, and I've talked to Tech Support via Service Request who says it's not a supported UBE as a separate job.

Anybody know how to do this? Thanks.

I’ll state up front by saying that I think you are going to run into many many issues by trying to do a partial upgrade. There have been so many changes from XE to 9.0 that if you try to bring over “various tables” chances are you will create data integrity problems. There have been some data normalization, field changes, field additions and subtractions, data formatting changes, etc, etc.

Having given the disclaimer if I were to try it rather than hacking my way through running things by hand I would create an upgrade plan and then go in and modify the Plan Detail and “uncheck” or change the status of portions of the plan that I didn’t want to run.

I think you’re a little nuts but I think you will learn more than you wanted to know the system.

Also, keep in mind the 9.0 databases are Unicode. If your Xe database is non-Unicode, you could run into problems bringing over the data manually.

Yes, you can run R8900165 independently of running it with the rest of the TC's. I did this at a customer site during a data only upgrade from Xe to 8.11.

You will however still need to create an upgrade plan and enter the name of this plan in the processing option of the version. Leave the data selection as it is i.e. RV Plan name. Add another line in your data selection Data source equal to Business Data - xyz. If you run this report independently remember to disable F00165 under your Initial tasks so that it dosen't run again.

- Joel

Yes of course you can - question is why?

If you're starting over then ...........start over. The "some of this and some of dat" approach is sure to be problemeatic.

I have run this several times standalone but for very vslid reasons: ie to preconvert 95% of the media objects before go-live and to only convert changed media objects in the last 60 days before go-live to reduce the media object conversion time from 16 hours to 20 minutes.

You can simply run this UBE as is.

For the plan name select any Install plan that you did.

The data source should be 'System - 900'

Put on some data selection as required for your needs.

The UBE should be run locally from JDEPLAN.

Colin

Yes of course you can - question is why?
If you're starting over then ...........start over. The "some of this and some of dat" approach is sure to be problemeatic.
I have run this several times standalone but for very vslid reasons: ie to preconvert 95% of the media objects before go-live and to only convert changed media objects in the last 60 days before go-live to reduce the media object conversion time from 16 hours to 20 minutes.
You can simply run this UBE as is.
For the plan name select any Install plan that you did.
The data source should be 'System - 900'
Put on some data selection as required for your needs.
The UBE should be run locally from JDEPLAN.
Colin

Colin,

Maybe the report has changed significantly since you responded to the question - and how do you "Put on some data selection as required for your needs"?

The current R8900165 UBE doesn't have a BSVW and is run by a single BSFN - All or None, apparently. I would be guessing that the instructions should be 'Clearing the records from the source F00165 that you don't want to convert, prior to running the UBE'?

(db)

Back