General error in Method Check in

jitender

Well Known Member
Hello List

Please help me in resolving the issue General error in Method Check in

I have installed demo installation of JDE 9.0 SQL server edition on my laptop.

Visual studio : MS visual studio 2008
Data Base : MS SQL server 2005

I can check out /Check in object from OMW.
like BSVW,Batch Application,Interactive application,PO,DS,can build business function.

Only issue i am facing is that when i create a customised table(table generation and index generation is OK).after this if i try to check in the table it produces me an error
General error in Method Check in

Please see the screenshot attached.

Regards
Jitender

Attachments

• 160797-check in error.JPG
    160797-check in error.JPG
    161.8 KB · Views: 140
Hi Adrain

I am sorry i didn't get your reply.
I am just working on an practice exercise where i need to create a new table. i can create other OMW objects like report,business view,data structure,processing option,(can check in and checkout these new objects)
now my only concern is why i am not able to check in a table after creating a new one?

Please ask if i am missing something

regards
Jitender

Hi Jitender,

I am not experienced with DEMO, but I suppose you do not installed Visual C++ before DEMO install, so by default your DEMO isn't a Developer install.

Check the existance of "Source" and "includ" subfolders under B7\DEMO and B7\OMW folders.

If they are not exist, then criate them and try again.

Best solution: uninstall DEMO, isntall Visual C++, re-install DEMO.

Let us know your results. Thanks.

Regards,

Zoltán

Hi Jitender,

By the way you can check OMW log on the table after Check-In:

> Row
> Logging
> Row
> Log Detail
> Row
> Full Text
> Next, Next, Next, ... (on the upper toolbar)

Let us know, what you see.

Regards,

Zoltán

Hi Zoltan

Thanks for the suggestions.

Just for your information i followed this part before installating the demo installation.

SQL server was installed.
Visual studio 2008 was installed.
and than i installed the DEMO version on my machine.
and also i checked these folders and these do exhists under E900 folder means "source" and "include" folders.

regards
Jitender

Hi Jitender,

Thanks for your update.
I just checked your scenario on my very old XE Demo - I do not logged on to that more year ago :)

Hopefully somebody can help you more than me.

Regards,

Zoltán

Hi Jitender,

What about OMW log, that I mentioned in my other post?

Regards,

Zoltán

As Adrian mentioned, why do you need to check anything in for a Demo install? There is no need to check anything in on a Demo environment. Everything is local anyway so it doesn't matter if you check it in or not.

I seem to have had the same issue in the Demo a long time ago when I was experimenting with OMW on it. It probably doesn't work for the table because it needs to copy the .h file that goes along with the table somewhere and there is no other location to copy it to on the check in. Again, it's been a while since I tried it but that would be my initial thought.

Hi Zoltan

Please find the OMW Logging details of the Table attached.

kindly note that i have checked the F55jktest1 table header file in Source folder.it is there.

apart from this please procide me your valuable suggestions that what does these logs specifies.

Regards
Jitender

Attachments

• 160915-check in Logging of table.doc
    218.5 KB · Views: 145
Hi Jitender,

[ QUOTE ]
kindly note that i have checked the F55jktest1 table header file in Source folder.it is there.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I see. the affected table is F55TEST1, not F55jktest1.

I checked the log and I suppose, the key is the last message on the second page:

[ QUOTE ]
Source file for copy was not found: C:\E900\DEMO\include\F55TEST1.h

[/ QUOTE ]

Please, check the existance of this file in that folder.
If it is not there:
- Generate the header file of the rable in OMW
- check again the file existance
- try again the Check-In

Please, keep us informed. Thanks.

Regards,

Zoltán

hi Zoltan
Sorry i misspelled the table earlier it is F55TEST1.

i Double checked the F55TEST1.h file in include folder.and generated the header file again in OMW. but still it not check-in. i am getting the same error.
frown.gif

Regards
Jitender

Back