ACH AP Payments - How do you notify Supplier?

Stats

Well Known Member
I am working on implementing EFT/ACH for AP Payments for the 1st time. One issue that is now coming up is how to notify the supplier which invoices are being paid by the ACH. I am wondering if anyone has implemented ACH before and/or, if using ACH, how do you notify your vendors?

I am using the PPD format to create the file. I see a single entry for the total payment to the vendor with no invoice detail. Our Treasury person says she has seen files created in +CCD format with an addenda records for invoice detail However I do not see a version of P04572 for +CCD format. Also, I do not how the vendor would receive that detail anyway.

Writing the payments produces a Remittance Advice. Obviously that could be scanned and emailed to the vendor, but a bit too much of a manual process.

I did notice that the last tab in the Supplier Master is for EDI. I see a Print Notice UDC; however I can find zero documentation on this tab and any of its field. The Supplier Master white paper totally ignores this tab. I am wondering if this works for EDI, or EDT and EFT? I can’t get it work, so I am asking for some input.

Finally, I guess we would so some sort of Workflow or custom code. I would hope we don’t have to that route.

Any input/advice would be greatly appreciated.

The easiest means is to populate the header of the remittance with the email address of the person to receive.

I usually have the Who's Who Electronic Address configured for a Remittance 'Type'. When the remittance is run, fetch the correct email address from Who's Who Electronic Address and populate the PDF (If no Email - State "NO EMAIL" on the PDF). Then, using your third party tool - you know if send an email or no email on file.

I encourage the use of specific (and different) Electronic Address 'Types' - so the correct person in a company is the receiver of the correct email.

If on E1 - and you have Electronic Address (can't remember if XE had them) - update the Remark Field, so it is not the legacy World Email. This only causes questions post-upgrade from World.

(db)

Our company's SnapVSS product should solve your problem of notifying suppliers.

CDI's SnapVSS provides a collaborative workflow communication solution between buyers and suppliers for Purchase Order Acknowledgement, ASN, Forecasting and Supplier Payment Management.

Please follow the link to get more information: http://cdiconsulting.com/SnapVSS.aspx

You could also write back to me and I shall be happy to answer any queries that you have.

Email to Vendor with ACH Invoice Details

Hi,

We are implementing CCD+ ACH format and as that format only allows 80 char of remittance details we need to email Vendor with all the invoice details that has been included in each payment. Is there is anyway we can Email from E1 (E810, iSeries-AS400) the remittance details with a PDF attachment to the Vendors?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

I setup ACH using BI Publisher. Email address in the Who's Who. No limitation for data in the body of the text, only in the subject line. The only customization was simply a few lines of code in creation of the CCD format requiring minor changes.

ACH Notification - 2 solutions

Hi.

Some info on addressing the subject of ACH Remittance Information. One big problem with bringing vendors on board with electronic payments relates to getting them the remittance information.

One company has a website where all payments are posted (for a three year time frame).
The website also sends an automatic email when the vendor has received a payment.

A second company asks for an email address
where remittance information is sent.

There are numerous configuration setting features in E1 that will facilitate both of the above.

Back