Send Mail in E1

viraj

Hi,

I want to design a simple demo to show Email functionality in E1. I am using B0200900 - JDEN send EMail BSFN. Here I am hardcoding from and to mail IDs, subject and body as shown,

JDEM Send EMail
"[email protected]" -> BF szFromEMail
"Test12344" -> BF szSubject
"222222222test" -> BF szEMailMessage
"[email protected]" -> BF szTOEMail

also i have set JDE.ini file [JDEMAIL] tab with mail server.

When i execute this code, I am getting error in jde.log file as follows,

4072/3248 WRK:Starting jdeCallObject Thu Jan 21 20:55:51.718000 jdesmtp.c3699
SMTP_ParseServerResponse : The SMTP server returned an error
Response from the SMTP server is <550 authsmtp05: Host 122.169.22.10: No unauthenticated relaying permitted

>

4072/3248 WRK:Starting jdeCallObject Thu Jan 21 20:55:51.718001 jdesmtp.c1516
Leaving sendMimeMsgOnSMTPImpl with an error return code : <29>

4072/3248 WRK:Starting jdeCallObject Thu Jan 21 20:55:51.718002 B0200900.c422
eMailboxUnavailable: Unable to get handle for mailbox - SendMail

Anyone getting the same problem with solution??

Thanks & Regards,
Viraj save
JDE E1

Turn off your virus scanner when you send the email from JDE and see if it works..

Hi,

Even we faced the same problem before. Check the SMTP connectivity and .ini setting.
For .ini setting:
[JDEMAIL] section
Set the value to Rule1=90|OPT|MAILSERVER=<your SMTP server name>
For SMTP connectivity:
1. ping the SMTP server. It should return with success.
2. To test the connection to the SMTP server, issue the following from the client PC and the enterprise server: telnet <smtpHost> 25. For example: telnet mail.jdedwards.com 25. It should return 220 <SMTP server name> ESMTP.
3. If the line comes back beginning with 220, this verifies the integrity of the SMTP connection.
4. Follow this link to test sending email through the smtp server:- http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q153119/

Hope this will help u.

Cheers,
Renu

From the return message "550 authsmtp05: Host 122.169.22.10: No unauthenticated relaying permitted" it looks like your SMTP server does not allow email outside of its domain without authentication.

The JDE SMTP functions cannot pass authentication details to the SMTP server. You will either need to get your SMTP server configuration modified to allow relaying for your IP address without authentication or email through another SMTP server that does not require authentication.

Hi,

Thank you all fro the reply. I tried with turning off the virus scan. Also i tried the Telnet session check.

As you suggested, I will check how i can send mail without authentication.

Thanks for the help.

Thanks & Regards,
Viraj Save
JDE E1

As said above you need to ask the Exchange server admin to allow relay of SMTP msg to internet. Once setup you should be able to send it. This is setup issue not JDE issue.

Thanks,
Chan

You might have to get your email server admin to add the JDE system IP address in the exception list of servers which can communicate with the exchange server without authentication. Or something with the firewall. I have this working, but my network admin had to do something on his side.

Once he added the IP address and your JDE.ini files are right, you should be in business.

Rob

Back