TRICK FYI: Fake Check-Out Simply - reply to JanOW

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Legendary Poster
Hi JDEList,

Since my original thread had been moved to the Tips & Traps board, where I can not make Reply, so I reply to Jan Hox (JanOW) here.

Here is my original post

Here is Jan Hox's (JanOW) reply

I wrote:
[ QUOTE ]
SCENARIO:
=========
A modified (developed) object reside on a client, BUT it is not in Check-Ot status AND we want to preserve the mods and want it Check-In.
It is possible, if ther is a Save Location on the system or we can Acces the OMW tables and can manipulate the and know, how to mod and which field in which table.

What abaout, when these previous solutions are not available for us?
Check the following method.

THE "TECHNIQUE":
================
#1. Open the Object with its Designer Tool in OMW.
#2. Check-Out the Object in OMW
#3. Save the Object in its Designer Tool
... and here you are ready with the Fake Check-Out

[/ QUOTE ]

Jan replied:
[ QUOTE ]
I have tried out this method with a UBE and found the following:
It works great when the changes are related to only 1 section in the UBE.
When I change section 1 and add section 2 with some ER and new variables (event scope), after the check out I loose the changes in the section that was not open to save during check out time. So you could end up with unexpected result.
In any case, you are at least able to save part of your work, which is a great thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

DO NOT make any changes, actions during the Fake Check-Out process.

#1. Save your work & Exit Designer.
#2. Here you face, that the Object is not Checked-Out, so you can not Check-In your work.
#3. Open the Object again with its Designer AND DO not make any changes, actions.
#4. Check-Out the Object in OMW
#5. Save the Object & Exit Designer
#6. Fake Check-Out process completed

I hope, I was able to clarify the process.

Jan Hox,

Please, reply, whether I missunderstood your reply and you followed this process or you followed: made changes in RDA, Check-Out the Object, Save & Exit RDA.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Zoltán

Back