Is Data seletion possible through LaunchBatchApplication?

kiran g

kiran g

Well Known Member
Hi All,

We have developed a JAVA based application which uses XML APIs (callObject Request) to call LaunchBatchApplication BSFN which in turn calls the batch process like R01010Z.

In general if we run the same batch process through Batch Version application through web client, we can see an option to provide the query for data selection which will minimize the data set to be operated from corresponding ZTable.

However we could not see any such parameter available with LaunchBatchApplication BSFN which will take the data selection as input.

Does anyone know how to set the data selection condition if LaunchBatchApplication is called through XML callObject APIS? or Is there any other BSFN we need to call to set the data selection condition before calling LaunchBatchApplication bsfn?

Thanks in advance,
Kiran

Hi Kiran,
you can create in your report the RI variable and set data selection based on this values.
Then just do a bf that run your report with the value of your RI variables.

If you think this solve your problem and need some example let me know.

Regards

Bruno Condemi

Thanks Bruno.

I have not worked on report designing part so don't have much idea on RI part. So it will be great if you can share some examples.

Also could you please tell me if I create RI then how can I set it through programmatically (preferably through callObject APIs or other XML APIs) and also from where I can get more details on RI (under JDE HTML documentation help)?

Hi,
Instead of using callObject API is suggest u directly use the jdeLaunchUBEEx API which is used inside LaunchBatchApplication BSFN there u can pass the structure which contains the data for the data selection. This structure should match Report data structure of the called report.

Sorry, a lot of work..........

take at www.j4jde.com, register yourself, login with your user and go to document management area; there is the BSFN source code for running ube passing values (in this bsfn you the report name and version are not cabled into code but you can run any ube ).

If you need more info let me know.

Regards.

Hello,

I need to be able to call a UBE from an Application, pass it parameters thru its data structure and also have it pop up the data selection dialog box for the users to add any additional data selection at run time.

I haven't had any luck finding a UBE call from an application that will pop up the data selection dialog box. I don't see any parms for the jdeLaunchUBEEx that controls the data selection dialog box, could be missing them...

Have any of you found a solution to this?

Thanks,

Kevin

Hello There
I am wondering if anyone could help... I am trying to see if there is a way to do the following:
- From UBE1 call UBE2... but before calling, I need to build the data selection of UBE2. This has to be done with out making any changes to UBE2...
- I would appreciate if anyone has done this and willing to share experience...
- Thanks
Lee

Hi Lee

Whilst there maybe some fancy pants way to do this, I did it in a fairly simple manner.

I did something like this before and wrote it down in a document for safe keeping.
Basically I save the unique key of the records UBE1 read into a workfile. UBE2 is then driven off that workfile.

This ensures UBE2 only reads records UBE1 processed ;)

The BSVW for UBE2 is identical to UBE1 but now has the workfile added. If you give each run of this UBE a UKID, then you can ensure that you only read the records for your run.

Delete your workfile records :)

Anymore questions, just ask

Thanks John
- What I am trying to do would not allow me to change the "called" program, which is a JDE base program.
- I am trying to create a custom UBE that builds the data selection for JDE base program R42800 sales update, then call this program to run during the day so this program would not pick up an orders that are not ready to be processed... so obviously the R42800 should not be changed in any way. All I can do is to somehow set the data selection for it and run it, and all needs to be done programmatically.
- I remember seeing such program about 5, 6 years ago but I did not document it. Now I need to do something like that and feel I should have documented the program.
Lee

Sorry I might have clicked the wrong button when I reply your email... The UBE2 here is a JDE base program R42800... so I cannot make any change to this UBE2. I just wanted to be able to run multiple versions of R42800 (without using the Load balancer). So I need to be able to set data selection from the calling program (UBE1) before calling R42800...

Are both UBE1 and UBE2 base E1?

Doesn't R42800 have a data structure? So you could use the DOC Start and End to limit what R42800 calls based on what UBE1 passes in via the Report Interconnect call.

So you can either call R42800 many times per DOC, or just the once with the start/end range and use NXTR LTTR etc to limit what you pick up in R42800

Or ensure the version of R42800 only selects orders at a certain status that UBE1 set them too.

Back