Setting a Filter in a Form Using a Non-Business View Column

jachjde83

Hi people

How can I to set up a Filter in a Form Using a Non-Business View Column ?,
the field is in the table but it's not in the Business View.

Some additional details:
Form Type: Headerless Detail
Grid Properties: Autofind on Entry ( No Find Button )

Thanks in advance.

JACH
-----------------------------------------------------------
Win2k, XE, SQL 7 SP1

Jach,

I'm not on XE but unless they made some pretty drastic change in XE, I can't imagine there being a way to do that. If the column is not in the business view, there is no way for you to use it.

You should be able to modify the business view and add the column in, then you'll be able to filter on it.

Dave

Hi Jach,

You can not do it as you can do with BSVW fields.
One way is that Dave already have suggested, extending the BSVW with this field.
If you do not want to or can not do that then there is an other but a bit complicated way.

1.) Place an edit control on the form based on the same DD item as your field.
2.) Initialize it in your Dialog Is Initialized Event (it is necessary because Auto Find On Entry is ON!)
3.) Add logic to the Grid Record Is Fetched form event:
* FetchSingle the record again using the unique key through directly as Table or using an appropriate BSVW which contains the field, mapping the value into a variable.
* Add your filter logic based on the fetched value and if you want to filter off the record then issue a Suppress Grid Line Sytem Function (Grid category).

If your Data Item behind the edit control brings some special handling from Data Dictionary (e.g. Next Numbering, Editing) then you can consider to disable it on the Properties/Override sheet of the control.

If you want to enable wild-card and your field is neither string nor character type then the scenario could be a bit complicated.

Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

Hi Jach,
Could you tell us what you did to resolve the issue?

Thanks,

Bill Feeney
B7332 SP 13.1 Sun Unix Oracle 8.1.6

Back