Invoice a customer electronically with EDI via Inovis TrustedLink (want Shipper Address from F4006 table)

Eric Lehti

VIP Member
Invoice a customer electronically with EDI via Inovis TrustedLink (want Shipper Address from F4006 table)

EDI users, I will post this question on Inovis' tech support forum cuz we paid for Inovis tech support but I am wondering if you Inovis TrustedLink users know how to map F4006 order address info into 810 documents.

Now I gotta learn EDI. Already hit a snag in our attempt to invoice our customer electronically with EDI via Inovis TrustedLink and include the drop-ship physical address: street, city, state and ZIP, which is stored in F4006 table.

We expected that the only data our customer would want would be what JDE puts in tables:
F47046 -EDI Invoice from Sales Header-Outbound
F470461 -EDI Invoice Additional Header - Outbound
F47047 -EDI Invoice from Sales Detail - Outbound
F470471 -EDI Invoice Additional Detail - Outbound
Our Inovis technical consultant mapped data from the four tables above to create the 810 document.
Now our customer has changed the scope of the original project and wants us to also transmit the shipper street address also. Address data is not found in any of the 4 tables shown above.
Customer is saying, "your P42565 Invoice program prints the Shipping Address. It should be real easy for you to transmit the shipping address to us via EDI".
groan.
EricL 918-879-6036 email elehti(at)ameristarfence.com

Re: Invoice a customer electronically with EDI via Inovis TrustedLink (want Shipper Address from F4006 table)

for One World, i wrote a batch program to compile/populate these EDI files with the info. how the data gets populated was controlled by the custom batch i developed. not sure how you are getting the data into these EDI files for Inovis to pick up.

done some time ago, but i remember it was working fine for One World. there are instances where the std JDE EDI files were insufficient to host the info, so we had to create custom tables to tag on with the missing info.

Re: Invoice a customer electronically with EDI via Inovis TrustedLink (want Shipper Address from F4006 table)

We have some external tables mapped to f0101 and f0116 in the inovis software. You can then map the field in edi to the address book number and reference the external table for translation.

The external tables we have for addresses are as below.

Set all this up a long time ago but happy to provide more details if required.

F0101EDI jde address description F0101 *LIBL
F0116EDI1 jde address 1 F0116 *LIBL
F0116EDI2 jde address 2 F0116 *LIBL
F0116EDI3 jde address city F0116 *LIBL
F0116EDI4 jde address county F0116 *LIBL
F0116EDI5 jde address post code F0116 *LIBL

In map following details specified.

Source – SYSHAN.
Target - Address field in CLO segment.
Conversion - User external table F0116EDI1.

Regards,

Paul Thompson
World 7.3 C7

RE: Invoice a customer electronically with EDI via Inovis TrustedLink (want Shipper Address from F4006 table)

Thank you all for the postings about addresses.

I discovered last night that P42565 program writes the F4006 address
data to 3 address records in table F4706. Yippee!

And the shipper's physical address is put in F4706 record type 2, so I
created LF F4706LY to test for shipper addresses. Works!

This morning I will get help from Inovis tech support about how to
map/join the shipper address (F4706) over to F47046.

Eric Lehti, Sr. programmer analyst
(918) 879-6036 direct; (918) 292-9142 mobile
Ameristar Fence Products, Tulsa Oklahoma

Back