Copy Selected Grid Rows from One Form to Another (FDA/Grid)

jefrey

jefrey

Hi Listers!

Is there a way to copy or transfer the selected rows from one form (W001A) to another form (W001B)?

*W001A is a Find/Browse form which i use to select multiple rows.
*W001B is a Header Detail form which will receive the selected rows from W001A.

I don't want to create or use a workfile to achieve what i want. I tried to use the grid buffer but only one record/row(first row selected) is written to form W001A. Is there another way to manipulate the rows selected from the grid and then retrieve the row which i have selected?

Any expert ideas? Your input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi.

I' just get with the same situation last week.

Finally I implemented my App just in one form. The Headerless Detail.

I added the find button, and deactivate the add or update options in the form and grid, and implemented my own logic for data updating.

here is my app flow:

1. Let the user search the records with find

2. Let the user select records with double click or with multi select (i had put a select row exit)

3. When the user confirms the selection (another row exit), my app do a loop over the grid deleting all non selected lines, then changes the editable cells to edit mode

4. The user is left with the selected records in edit mode, do the editing and hit ok to save the work

Works like a charm. :)

More simple, just one form, and faster as no tables used

Hope this helps

I wouldn't use a workfile (work table) either, but what I would do is conceptually the same. I would write the selected grid rows From APPL A to jdeCache (or if you want some sort of linked list) and then read them into the grid in APPL B. Pristine JDE uses this technique and I have as well. Other than that, I don't know of any other way.

BOster,

What do you exactly mean by "I would write the selected grid rows From APPL A to jdeCache". Is there a business function to do this?

Thanks.

Hi Jefrey,

I also do not know other technique than Work File and JDE Cache to pass selection from one form to an other.

I had used WF technique more times. It is easy and fast to develop.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't want to create or use a workfile to achieve what i want.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please,
- explain for us, why don't you want
- explain for us, how do you imagine the WF solution

If my memory srves me well, I described WF technique one or more times on JDEList (but I was able to locate it know for you).

Regards,

Zoltán

Back