Vocabulary Override problem

psr

Hello All,

I am new to WorldSoft.

Recently i developed a new report. In that i need to pass some headings through vocabulary Override.
So i inserted a new VTX field and then in my RPG i included that in my data structure and increased the length of the DS and then mapped the Text to be passed through VO option.
Since i kept this VTX field under separate record format i explicitly gave a WRITE also.
But still the text is not displayed in the output.
Is there some thing i am missing in the procedure.
When i debugged the same i saw VTX field is blank.
Is there some where we need to map the VTX field?

Can any one please help me.

Thanks,
PSR
A7.1, WorldSoft

Dear psr (email swetha***@ yahoo.co.in
I would enjoy answering your question regarding Vocabulary Override problem that you posted, and would welcome your telling us a bit more about yourself and your situation.

Your previous 5 postings indicate that you work on Enterprise and World.
Are you based in India? I recognize that the world is flat, and we work in a global economy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_World_is_Flat
Who is your employer?
Are you doing World development that has been outsourced to India? If so, can you tell us who your clientele is?

If you are working for a client not in India, what challenges do you face?
Do you have a user account on the Oracle site?
How large a JDE team do you work with?

Hi PSR

I would not recommend you use a different record format for the additional VTX fields as this could really complicated the way in which the screen output is managed. However if the field isn’t getting populated your issue is with the C00SC copy book (assuming your are using RPGIII) that is trying to return the values from the F9220 table but not finding it.

Did you increment the PSVTX# parameter by one to get the new field?

I notice that this thread question was not answered but I have this exact issue. I have added two new Vocab Overrides in JDE World and changed the PSVTX# field to 040 from 038, added the two new fields to the DS (VTX039, VTX040), changed the DS Length. Everything compiles ok but when I run the RPG none of the VO field labels appear. What did I miss ??

Back