C buiness fucntion not able to open

Bally_BK

Well Known Member
Hi all,

Developer installed the JDE first and later VC ++, also we include the below lines in jde.ini files but still it not opening getting error message. see attachement.

[JDE_CG]
STDLIBDIR=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\lib
TPLNAME=EXEFORM2
ERRNAME=CGERR
TARGET=Optimize
INCLUDES=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\include;$(SYSTEM)\include;$(SYSTEM)\cg;$(APP)\include;$(SYSTEM)\includev
LIBS=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\lib;$(SYSTEM)\lib32;$(APP)\lib32;$(SYSTEM)\libv32
MAKEDIR=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\MSDev98\Bin
USER=JDE

Any help is highly appreciated

thanks in advance

Attachments

• 131898-vcissue.doc
    47.5 KB · Views: 82
Hi,

May you PLEASE post what is your JDE and Tools or Service
Pack release???

Generally, I usually install with the defaults (especially Visual Studio).
The hooks are usually in place, and don't need special attention.

What, if any, is the error that you recieve?

Like Sebastian stated - placing your tagline of you system setup helps!

(db)

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 12:03 PM, Sebastian Sajaroff <[email protected]>
wrote:

--

Hi,

When you install VC++, you have to check the "Initialize
Environment variables" checkbox.
That will add PATH, INCLUDE, LIB and MSDEVDIR entries to
your environment variables.
If not, you can import those settings from the Deployment
of from some other Fat Client which works fine.

Thantks your inputs, Do i need to reintall all once again or any work around is there...

Hi,

No, you just need to copy the environment variables from
a working Development client (or the Deployment) to yours.
Check that both machines have VC++ installed on the same path.

thanks for your inputs, Where i will find the Environment varibale and also let me know under which folder it will be available.., once i find it what needs to be done, Request you to explain in detail what needs to be done from end.

thanks in advance

Hi Bally,

You'll find the Environment variables by right clicking
on My Computer, Properties, Advanced, Environment Variables
then take note of Include, Lib, MSDevDir and Path values.
Copy them to your Fat Client, without erasing any previous
values on your Fat Client.

Hello,

I would like to add a small detail regarding the Environment Variables of MS Visual Studio 6.0. When you click the "Register Environemnt Variables" checkbox during the MS Visual Studio 6.0 installation, the installer creates in the current Windows user profile, the variables that Sebastian just mentioned above. The best practice is to copy them from User to System (in the Environment Variables Tab). During this copy, the Path environemnt variable already exists, so you have to add the value. Typically this value is (if you install in C Drive):

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\Tools\WinNT;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\MSDev98\Bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\Tools;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\bin

The detail I want to add is that it is best to add this value in the begining of the PATH variable, because OneWorld and ERP8.0 read only the first 256 characters from the PATH variable.

Have a nice day,

Lefteris

Back