Adding a Currency Code to an account after transactions have been posted

SheilaV

Has anyone had experience with changing the currency code on an account that has had activity?

All of the documentation and warnings received when adding a currency code to a previously used account indicate that "The currency code should not be changed for an existing account. Unpredictable results may occur."

I have tested a number of scenarios and cannot determine what the warnings mean by "unpredictable results." If I make the foreign currency amount zero and then add a domestic currency code on the account, there does not seem to be a problem with further Monetary Revaluations (R09415) or Annual Closes. I have also corrected the foreign balance in an account and removed the domestic amounts unrelated to the foreign balance, and added a foreign currency code. Again, Revals and Close worked as expected.

What other activities do I need to test? Comments on your experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks
SheilaV

Sheila,

IMHO you are not running any risks in changing your account currency code
(from blank to whatever) ONLY WHEN your account balance (F0902 figures) is
zero in both AA and CA ledger types.

Ciao,

Carlo

2007/11/22, SheilaV <[email protected]>:

Hi Sheila,

it won't create a tech issue in E1, but the functional practice of changing currency of an account during the year period is debatable.
wink.gif

Hi ShailaV,

I am not 100% sure, but please check if it creates a new AccountID, although it maintains same BU.OBJ.SUB combination. Due to this, F0902 starts posting the balances to a different account. You might find two lines in F0902 for the same BU.OBJ.SUB combination. Therefore the Account Master to Transactions Integrity report misleads you by showing starts showing difference between F0911 and F0902 for that account where you change the currency code.

I saw this phenomenon long back. Not tested this in the recent past.

Best regards,
Ajit Nadgouda

Back