Selecting All Rows in a Grid

mnorwood

I have a Headerless Detail form. The user will click on a form exit and I would like to programmatically select all the rows in the grid. The form exit will call a row exit to process the rows in the grid.

Thanks
Michael

Enterprise One 8.95 L1

Hi Michael,

There were several thread, post how to handle multiple row selections in the grid instead of using standard selection feature of the form. So please, check the archives.

Just some thought:

You can store in a grid variable or column, whether the row is selected or not.

You can indicate the selection status of a row:
- with a bit map in the row header
- in a grid column
- with the colour of the row

You can easily use to toggle the selection with the "Double Clicked the Row Header" or using a clickable grid column.

Of course, you can enable the multiple selection on the grid and you can easily develop the followin functionality for the user on the "really" selected rows:
- Set Selection
- Clear Selection
- Toggle Selection

You can also easily develop the followin functionality for the user:
- Select All
- Clear All

Finally you can process those rows, where your variable say, this row had been selected.

Regards,

Zoltán

Zoltan

Thank you for your reply. I did do a search and found nothing useful. I searched again, this time noticing I was only searching back 1 year. I extended the search to 5 years and found a useful suggestion. In the form exit I am moving through the grid and processing each record using the following code:

Get Max Grid Rows(FC Grid, VA frm_MAXRow_CNT)
VA frm_RowCount_CNT = 1
While VA frm_RowCount_CNT is less than VA frm_MAXRow
Get Grid Row(FC Grid, VA frm_RowCount_CNT)

Process Grid Row

VA frm_RowCount_CNT = [VA frm_RowCount_CNT]+1
End While

Thanks
Michael

[ QUOTE ]
Unless I'm mistaken, your code does not process the last grid row.<br><br>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I agree. I think it should read "is less than or equal to".

No I think it is OK because as per my knowledge it will return one extra row so less than is OK

Back