Problem with YYYTD Through Year End Business Function-passing Processing Option numeric year through.

David M

Problem with YYYTD Through Year End Business Function-passing Processing Option numeric year through.

Hi.

Summary:
I am trying to pass a Processing Option template's mn variable through a smart field's Business Function to select a year and thereby show the costs.
The Business Function returns a blank column when the program is run.
If I enter a literal in the Data Structure of the BF (ie. put the number in that should be there) the smart field works.
I print the Processing Option variables on the report as well and they look correct.

Please let me know what I'm doing wrong so that the Processing Option will pass correctly through to the BF.
Thanks for your consideration.

Detail/what I've already tried:
I have a Financial Report with a FINRPTYY YTD through Year End smart field. The smart field only allows actual numbers in the literals (-1,0,1,...).

Since I can't make the literals subject to whatever people enter on the processing option template I'm trying to pass the variable through the Business Function of the smart field.

The variable is the last two digits of a fiscal year.
If I try sending the mn variable through the string value of the Data Structure in the BF the smart field produces nothing.

I have tried changing the mn to string and then when that didn't work, trimming the string to see if there were hidden spaces screwing up the Data structure value.

8.10, Tools Release 8.93.S1

Re: Problem with YYYTD Through Year End Business Function-passing Processing Option numeric year through.

It seems the field is not left justified. I ended up using B0000045 - ConvertNumericToString. This converts and left justifies. After that, the YYYTD BF worked just fine.

dm

Back