Problem with Table Conversion

Hemant

Hello,
I am a novice in JDE and Peoplesoft Entreprise One. Lately, I have been trying to develop some table conversion applications but I got no results at all. I have tried to export a table onto a flat text file, but the flat file remains blank. I have also tried to perform a Data Conversion from one table to a custom tab :grin:le. Here again, I get no results, the custom table remains empty. I am quite confused because I have followed all the instructions in the 'J.D. Edwards OneWorld - A developer's guide', and the 'EnterpriseOne 8.0 Table Conversion PeopleBook'.
Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
:grin:Hemant

hello hemant..

for successful completion of table io,u also must create the text file with all the columns present in the table(input).this can be done by clicking user defined format in output field....
plz feel free to write again if not still possible...
go thru the attached file...
Nishant

Hemanth,

As Nishant said you need to map the fields (one to one ) of legacy file/table with PSFT E1 table.Ensure flat file path is correct and if its legacy table then check for the DSN as per the document.

Try to debug and see if TC fetches any values.Also please do let us know the release.

In Demo version I havent seen TC working correctly.

Thanks and Regards
Ram.M

Hemant <[email protected]> wrote:
Hello,
I am a novice in JDE and Peoplesoft Entreprise One. Lately, I have been trying to develop some table conversion applications but I got no results at all. I have tried to export a table onto a flat text file, but the flat file remains blank. I have also tried to perform a Data Conversion from one table to a custom tab :grin:le. Here again, I get no results, the custom table remains empty. I am quite confused because I have followed all the instructions in the 'J.D. Edwards OneWorld - A developer's guide', and the 'EnterpriseOne 8.0 Table Conversion PeopleBook'.
Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
:grin:Hemant

Hello Nishant,
Thanks for the help.
I've tried the User Defined Format, I used the model utility, and selected the input table.
But it is still not working.

Hi hemant,

you need to first note down the columns and their type and size of the input
file....

after that create these columns with the same size and type for the text
file and

remember to click the check box towards the left side......

If this does not work , there cud b a problem with environment......

thanks...and plz tell if successful...

Regards,

Nishant

hello hemant...

plz dont use model utility.....and moreover in the input file no user
defined......

dont use user defined in input but use it for output file........

problem will b solved.......

Hi Hemant,

Welcome aboard!

Though I am not on 8.10 and never played with the mentioned option Proof mode option of TC, you can check this setting as well on template as on version level and turn it off, when it is on.
(Table Conversion Properties / Logging Options tab / Run in Proof Mode option)

I am not sure, does Read Only option effect TC UBEs, but please, check the SIOMIT field in F9860 Object Librarian Master table with UTB, filtering for your TC object name in the first SIOBNM field.
If the value is not blank, then maybe this cause the problem.

Some question:
Q1.) When you made table to custom table TC, then:
Q1.1.) Have you checked in the custom table spec?
Q1.2.) Does the custom table created in the default data source of your environment (Business Data - XXX)?
Q1.3.) If previous = NO, then does you exist an apropriate and active OCM entry for your table?

Q2.) Have you ever checked-in your TC UBE?
Q3.) Where do you run your TC (locally/server)?

Some other suggestion:

S1.) Run the TC first locally.
S2.) Check the jde.log when it does not work as you would like.
S3.) Try to turn on the logging options on version level (Table Conversion Properties / Logging Options tab) and check the result.

Read you later and Good Luck,

Zoltán

Hemant..
Can you run the TC locally and see the jde.log once for any errors or post the log. One more thing i don't know if you have done this but after mapping everything there is a check box which says issue a write for this event which should be checked. Hope you have done this.

Every thing is cool what every body says but I am confused about one thing. Why do you have to have same columns in your out put table as you have in input table. Output table could have no matching fields but you can programatically massage the data and put it in output fields. You do all the in the event when record is fetched.

You need to check your job log. After running the job go to start->run->c:\jde.log.
Cut and paste every thing here.

Hello all,
Thanks for the response, I'm very impressed.
I tried everything you have said. But it is still not working. I am beginning to think that this has something to do with the environment. But I really don't know.
I have created a user defined format, mapped all the fields, Checked the 'Issue a write for this event' checkbox, checked in the objects, etc.
Please find attached a document of one of the examples I tried; its a data conversion from a text file to a table.
Thanks for the help,
Best Regards,
Hemant

Attachments

• 86245-ToJDEList.doc
    468 KB · Views: 286
Dear Hemanth,

I havent seen TC working on Demo.

Please try the same stuff in any live Env preferably in DV.

Thanks
Ram.M

Hemant <[email protected]> wrote:
Hello all,
Thanks for the response, I'm very impressed.
I tried everything you have said. But it is still not working. I am beginning to think that this has something to do with the environment. But I really don't know.
I have created a user defined format, mapped all the fields, Checked the 'Issue a write for this event' checkbox, checked in the objects, etc.
Please find attached a document of one of the examples I tried; its a data conversion from a text file to a table.
Thanks for the help,
Best Regards,
Hemant
Hemant Jugernauth Accenture Mauritius Ltd Senior Programmer Peoplesoft EnterpriseOne & JD Edwards DEMO. Only 3 month experience in JDE & PSE1

Hi Hemant,

I had developed a TC UBE with text fil input many-many years ago, on B7321 release. The capability of TC changed much since this release.

I didn't find in your attachment, where do you define file.txt as the input. On B7321 it was a bitcomplicated:
- define an ODBC data source based on text driver, pointing to the file
- create a data source in OneWorld based on the ODBC
- create a new environment (per Path Code), where TBLE DEFAULT OCM entry points to the data source
- in TC select this environment as input

What about jde.log and logging options?
What about the value of F9860.SIOMIT?

Just an other idea?
Is it possible, that this is a UNICODE issue?
Try to open the file.txt with Notepad and Save As Unicode!

Good luck and keep us informed,

Zoltán

Hemant,

I have been watching this thread with interest as I, like yourself, have just started to "play" with table conversion. However I have had a few years experience with JD Edwards EnterpriseOne. I am also using an older version of the software - Xe. I assume that the TC process has not changed much between Xe and 8.0.

I also noticed that in your initial post you mention that you are using DEMO. Please confirm if you are using the Stand Alone version, as that may also be a possible cause of your problems.

Anyway here is my experience.

I had similar problems to yourself at first - no data being output. My first problem was that proof mode was checked in the Properties on the version. The version properties appear to have priority over or override the template properties as the template properties proof mode was left checked and the version properties proof mode was unchecked and the TC produced output. To change the version properties you need to have the version checked out on your fat client.

However, that was not my only problem. As Zoltán has mentioned, to get my TC to work I had to look in the log. I did not find anything useful in the jde.log, but the TC log in the PrintQueue directory was most enlightening. By default, logging is set to record all errors. You can also override the jde.ini debug settings. I ran my TC locally, and looked at the TC log in the PrintQueue directory on my fat client.

I therefore encourage you to look at the log that your TC produced, which it will, regardless of whether or not your TC produced output, and regardless of whether or not there are any errors encounted. The TC log will be in your PrintQueue directory. It's name will follow the normal UBE naming covention of UBEName_VerionName_DateStamp_TimeStamp.log. Please post your TC log.

I hope this has been helpful.

Howdy,

Just to confirm - you do have the 'Insert' record check-box, checked - for at least one of the events? If not - then the ER will not insert any records to your output file. The Insert for the output file can be manual (within the ER) or through the use of the check-box (bottom left of the form)...

If you missed it - checking the box will create and insert event rule in that sections ER.

Also - don't forget that you need to set the output 'record' equal to 'something'...

(db)

Hello to all of you,
Thanks for all the suggestions.
Table conversion is finally working in JDE Local. The trick was to use all capital letters password "DEMO". I used to login with blank password, then I tried the 'demo', but only the DEMO' works. For a moment I was very excited, then I tried the exact same thing on the PSE1 live system. But it never worked.
There is one thing I saw that was different though. In JDE Local, right after submitting for execution of the applications in BV, TC pops up and the conversion is carried out properly. But in PSE1, I did not see that, TC never appeared. I tried with some listing reports, and there TC is executed.
I have also found out that no log was created in the PrintQueue dir. in the PSE1 live system for these Table conversions.
So I checked out the JDE.ini, I saw that the 'Load Library' is equal to blank. I looked for the odbc driver, and found one for jde, named 'JDEOWODA.DLL'. I put it in the JDE.ini, and tried again, but in vain.
So I am now struggling with the PSE1 live system.
Thanks to all of you guys.
Best Regards,
Hemant

Attachments

• 86359-jdedebug.txt
    134.6 KB · Views: 194
Hello again,
Please find attached my JDE.ini on the live system. The 'Load Library' is blank. Backend in Oracle.
Thanks,
Hemant

Attachments

• 86363-JDE_ini.txt
    6.6 KB · Views: 328
Hello Zoltan_Gyimesi,
I have looked for the F9860.SIOMIT value, and it is zero.
Actually, I was trying to make a Data conversion from F0101 to F590101(a custom table).
In the jdedebug.log, I have not found any Select from F0101, and no insert into F590101. I guess that there must be a problem with my PSE1 8.0 live system.
Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• 86432-jdedebug.txt
    134.6 KB · Views: 510
Hemant,

Many have asked you that after you run your TC you get the JDE.LOG and paste it here. Why cant you do that.

I believe JDE.LOG will tell all the tales. Please post your jde log here.

Hi

TC will run on DEMO and u have to give login password 'DEMO" then run ur TC it will upload all data's into respective tables.

Hello,
Please find attached a copy of my jde.log.
Regards,
Hemant

Attachments

• 86519-jde.txt
    258 bytes · Views: 150
Back