what is difference between "product code" and "product system code"?

jamest

what is difference between \"product code\" and \"product system code\"?

When designing a table, "product code"and "product system code" shoulde be defined. What the difference between them?

By the way, in west country such as USA and England, dose JDE systemes are widely used? As I know, in China, There are few company useing JDE.I am really worrying about the forture of studing JDE.
Thank you!

Re: what is difference between \"product code\" and \"product system code\"?

"product code" is a user defined code (98/SY) that identifies a J.D. Edwards system, and "product system code" is a code that designates the system number for reporting and jargon purposes, also using UDC 98/SY.

There are over 7000 users world wide that are members of QUEST, the independent, not-for-profit user group for PeopleSoft World and EnterpriseOne (formerly J.D. Edwards) users around the world.

@peterbruce
What is the meaning of 98/SY ? Where I can find complete list of User Defined Codes ?

@jamest
As far as I know, JDE is a thing which is already happened. It has a strong root. World major companies are using JDE. And now, Database monster Oracle acquired JDE.
Hope it can continue the its journey.

While learning a thing, if you have interest, you can win. If you think you can, you will surely win.
If you are really interested with ERP System, go with JDE
smile.gif

Rauf,

User Defined Codes are stored in the table F0005 and are access via the JDE application P0004A as well as other applications. Using the P0004A you enter the value "98" into the "System Code" field and the value "SY" into the "User Defined Codes" field. Then click the "Find" button and the grid will be populated with the values.

If you want a complete definition of User Defined Codes and how they are used and stored, please look at the manuals and/or research on JDEList.

Note: JDEList member jamest has not been on JDEList since March 2004.

Back