Entry Point

skorek

Well Known Member
Hi

Sorry for my neeeeeeewbieeeeeeeee question ;-)

I created new program, all is OK, but what is this "ENTRY POINT"?

I tried to find it in help but without success.

Regards

Skorek

Hi Skorek,
Welcome to the world of JDE. being a newie myself i can understand ur
predicament.
if u select the entry point on the form properties ,then that form will be
the first form that is displayed when u run the application.

Thanks & Regards,
Ravindra Nilkanth Wadegaonka

The entry point flag can be found in the Form properties in FDA.

Regards,

The other posters are 'right on' - but I thought I'd add a little more assistance for you.

When you create the first form in an application - it is created as the Entry Point, by default. If you create a new form and delete the original - the Entry Point form is deleted. Basically - you no longer have an entry point... this is, probably, what happened.

HOWEVER, you can make any form in the application the default form, or entry point. Select the form and go to properties. Make sure that you have the form selected and not one of the objects on the form.

There can be only one Entry Point per applications. The entry point means that the selected form is the default form for a 'cold-call' to the application.

Daniel

still looking (hey - and west is west of... France???)

A caveat to "entry point"

SOME forms don't work "well" as the entry point.

A while ago, I tried a search/select as the only form in the appl.
I marked it at the entry point.

I had all sorts of "goofy" stuff w/it, until I created a find/browse,
in the same appl, and marked the f/b as "entry point".

Out of "self-defense", I've taken to always creating an f/b as the entry point,
whether I actually use that form or not.

Gene

One more point... Find/Browse is the standard method to use as an entry point to an app, and you will find that the 'Entry Point' is ticked automatically when you create this (can be annoying if you already have a f/b in the app).
Also, you can override the entry point in the menu and solution explorer environments by defining which form to start with.
So P4210, for example has two find/browse: Customer Service Inquiry (the default), and the Order Header browse form. Either can be used as an entry point.

Back