Login
Enter your username and password to login. If you do not have a username you can register one.

Username: 
Password: 
Remember Me

Forgotten Password?

3 members and 27 guests have been online with in the last 10 minutes.

Hot Topic
No posts have caught fire as of yet.

JD Edwards® Enterprise One / One World Discussions >> JD Edwards® EnterpriseOne Applications

Pages: 1
mtbinpa

Reged: 01/22/04
Last on: 01/27/09
Loc: PA
Order Promising - F4211/F41021
new       #71616 - 04/28/04 02:15 PM

We sell manufactured items to customers (as I am sure most JDE customers do) and we have a report called the "Order Promising Report" that is a custom report that basically looks at the F4211 for the SDLITM (Item #), SDUORG (QTY Ordered) and SDPDDJ (Sheduled Pick Date) and compares the items ordered to the F41021.LIPQOH (QTY on Hand). If the F4211.SDUORG is greater than F41021.LIPQOH then the order is deemed as unavailable (we don't backorder so if one line is unavailable, the whole order is unavailable).

When we have an order that is unavailable it also holds up other orders with the same item. For example, we have order #61234 order with 12 units of ITM1234. The a LIPQOH is reading -11 units. Order #61239 is entered for only 1 unit of ITM1234 but goes on hold because the first order is taking priority due to the scheudled pick date being earlier than the second order. Any other order with ITM1234 is going to be deemed as unavailable since the LIPQOH is negative. In this instance we would move the scheduled pick date out 2 weeks for order #61234 to allow all other orders to process through. I would use the Supply/Demand inquiry screen to try and manage this process, but there must be an easier way in JDE for this to be managed (or perhaps not). We customized the P4021 to include work orders, which gives us more visibility of what is going to be made. However, this is not a perfect world and sometimes Rate Schedules actually get canceled, or not followed.

Any advice would be helpful. I am thinking that we need to keep using the utilities that we have, but if anyone has some fresh ideas for us, I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

Tim Kramer
Systems Analyst/Report Writer

--------------------
B7333, SP 17.1
SQL 2000

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Larry_Jones

Reged: 11/28/00
Last on: 04/23/14
Loc: Spokane, WA, USA
Re: Order Promising - F4211/F41021
new [Re: mtbinpa]       #71620 - 04/28/04 02:30 PM

Tim,

whats needed in OneWorld is the ability to see Planned Inventory Positions for any future date (a matrix by date of Current OH Qty +- cumulative Planned Supply and Demand transactions). Unfortunately the closest thing to that is the Supply and Demand Inquiry screen which falls far short. For sure you will never get there depending on the F41021.

Quit dreaming and start screaming to Peoplesoft to provide what should be basic functionality in my opinion.

My 2 cents,

--------------------
Larry Jones
E1 9.0 - TR 9.1 on Win 2008 64. Oracle DB 11gR2
WebLogic 11g, Wintel
BI Publisher

Anonymous
Unregistered

RE: Order Promising - F4211/F41021
new [Re: mtbinpa]       #71622 - 04/28/04 02:32 PM

Tim, does this make sense? It's from my training manual on Sales Order
Management, where we have a section that discusses several different order
fulfillment strategies:

DON’T AFFECT AVAILABILITY WITH ORDER ENTRY. Don’t subtract soft commits from
on hand in our availability formula. That means both Customer A’s order and
Customer B’s order proceed to the Print Pick Slip step. Print pick slips
and do a hard commit only with orders that have a request date a few days
out.

Setup the system to not subtract soft commits from on hand. When you run
pick slips select only those orders with scheduled pick dates less than or
equal to today. (Or today plus 2 if you are closed on the weekend.)

A disadvantage of this strategy is since nothing goes on backorder in order
entry, the interface with customers needs to be considered. When pick slips
are run, it is possible orders will go on backorder and the customers may
need to be contacted.

Andy Klee www.JDETips.com

mtbinpa

new [Re: Larry_Jones]       #71626 - 04/28/04 02:55 PM

Larry-

If I am understanding your comments, we actually do have that in our customeized version of the P4021. This shows the beginning on hand quantity, demand of each sales order, quantity available (after soft commit of SO), and the supply of our rate schedules, which increases the availability of the item. Perhaps I did not understand your comments, but we do have the inquiry screen to show that. Thanks!

Tim

--------------------
B7333, SP 17.1
SQL 2000

Craig_Potter

Reged: 04/01/01
Last on: 04/07/14
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
new [Re: mtbinpa]       #71641 - 04/28/04 05:17 PM

Tim,

There was supposedly some similar functionality delivered back in XE with BBOPE - "Black Box Order Processing Engine". Not sure if any of the group have had experience with this, however there are a number of SAR's around this which normally means someone has turned it on. When it was announced it was planned to drill down all the way into the APS software and even dynamically schedule sales orders but initially it was following the logic of the Supply & Demand Inquiry, however in an automated mode.

Might be worth chasing up your Peoplesoft Rep/Response Line for more information

--------------------
Craig Potter

JJWeer

Reged: 03/11/04
Last on: 02/19/14
Loc: Netherlands
Re: RE: Order Promising - F4211/F41021
new [Re: ]       #71667 - 04/29/04 03:15 AM

Hi,
We are using the strategy Andy describes:
First of all it has to be clear when orders can be accepted at order entry up front: That would depend on the replenishment strategy of the item they buy (its safety stock and internal lead time) and the customer class (A / B / C). The soft commits are never substracted from available, and order entry never results in a back order.

1 or to days prior to scheduled pick, the pick slips are run. A custom report spits out all the orders that went on backorder at that point in time. These are the orders that will need attention obviously. Usually the associated items are coming out of production that day and therefore could not be committed automatically.

To make sure production produces what's needed we depend heavily on MRP that runs overnight.

Good luck,
JJ
(OW XE, SP22, upd 7)

--------------------
jan.jaap.weerstand@steltix.com
Distribution & Manufacturing
XE / 8 / 8.9 / 8.10 / 8.11 / 8.12 / 9.0

mtbinpa

Re: RE: Order Promising - F4211/F41021
new [Re: JJWeer]       #71672 - 04/29/04 06:42 AM

Andy/JJ-

Thank you both for your suggestions. I think that it makes sense to set up the order fulfilment process this way. Our only gaps in this scenario is that A.) Our planner has not run MRP in about 6 months! and B.) We would have to completely change the way we do business for order entry, printing pick slips, and ship confirming orders. In addition to this, all of our reports for order promising will have to change to not include the on hand quantity or sales orders as soft commits. Don't get me wrong, I think that your suggestions are definitely the way to go, but we will have to shift the mind set of our customer service department, logistics, master planner, and the plant managers. I think the system can handle the change, but not so sure the humans can! I am sure you both know how hard it is to make modifications to human behavior!

Anyway, thanks again for your comments - I really appreciate teh feedback. I will begin looking at how we can go about making the changes.

Tim

--------------------
B7333, SP 17.1
SQL 2000

DBohner-(db)

Reged: 01/17/01
Last on: 04/23/14
Loc: Meridian, ID
new [Re: Craig_Potter]       #76921 - 08/10/04 06:34 PM

Anyone know if BBOPE is carried forward into E1?

I'm looking at migrating some stuff from XE to 810 - and came across bbope stuff... I need to look at if it needs to go forward.

Daniel

--------------------
Daniel Bohner
Independent E1 Developer/Techno-Functional Consultant
Member - iConsortium
www.JDERESEARCH.COM
drbohner@JDEResearch.com | 208.495.4JDE
www.linkedin.com/in/drbohner
Worked on Everything

KenSpigMetaChain

Reged: 12/03/03
Last on: 10/18/04
Loc: Michigan
new [Re: DBohner-(db)]       #80699 - 10/18/04 10:11 PM

Yes, the Order Promising engine within the APS suite is still available in E1. OP is a specific module within APS. It is connected to Sales Order Entry. Users can either 'auto-promise' or use the OP gui. If auto-promise is selected the OP engine will run behind the scenes when a new sales order is entered. It will respond with an order promise date. If the auto-promise is turned off, the OP gui will be launched when a new order is entered into E1. From the OP gui you will be able to see the x number of ways that order can be satisfied. You can then choose the option (lowest cost, most profit, etc..) that suits you.

Ken Spigarelli
MetaChain, Supply Chain Services

Shrikanthn

Reged: 10/12/04
Last on: 01/16/13
Loc: Hong Kong
[Re: KenSpigMetaChain]       #80704 - 10/19/04 12:43 AM

It was very interesting to read about the order promising engine. I was wondering, from a manufacturing perspective how does this promising engine know when the stock is going to be ready? I was under the impression that scheduling work orders in JDE would be challenging to say the least since there is no way you can schedule multiple WO on the same work center on same day at different times of the day, also big WOs cannot be broken into daily output, so the promising engine would not be able to guage when the stock is available and will wait for full WO to complete. Is my information correct?

--------------------
EnterpriseOne 8.12 TR 8.98.3.2, Windows OS, Oracle 10G

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  ekempter, Christian Audet, Sef, jdecnc, jdecnc 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 4880

Rate this thread

Jump to

JDELIST Support | Privacy statement JDELIST.com

UBB.threads™ 6.4.1

.: IIP 5.4.5 by David Lozier ©2003 :. 
Distributed by ThreadsDev.com

The legal restrictions and terms of use applicable to this site are available here.
Use of this site signifies your agreement to the terms of use.
JDELIST is NOT affiliated with JD Edwards® & Company, Oracle or Peoplesoft. Contents of this site are neither
endorsed nor approved by JD Edwards® & Company, Oracle or Peoplesoft.

This page best viewed with Netscape 4 or Microsoft Explorer 4 or above in 800 x 600 resolution.