Login
Enter your username and password to login. If you do not have a username you can register one.

Username: 
Password: 
Remember Me

Forgotten Password?

8 members and 31 guests have been online with in the last 10 minutes.

Hot Topic
No posts have caught fire as of yet.

JD Edwards® Enterprise One / One World Discussions >> JD Edwards® EnterpriseOne

Pages: 1
mikemcg12

Reged: 10/25/04
Last on: 05/31/13
Loc: MI USA
Set translate option?
new       #85397 - 01/31/05 09:29 AM

When I try to promote a project, I get an error that states: "You attempted to access F98950. Test Configured incorrectly. Set Translate option to do not translate. Please exit oneworld and correct this problem"

Where do I set the translate option to do not translate?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!!!!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
sashton

Reged: 02/25/04
Last on: 04/15/14
Loc: Missoula, Montana
Re: Set translate option?
new [Re: mikemcg12]       #85398 - 01/31/05 09:36 AM

You may be seeing this error erroneously. I have gotten this message before or one similar to it and it was actually because my Server map datasource was pointing to the wrong machine. If it indeed is because you need to turn translation on or off you can do this through ODBC administration. Go to Start...settings....control panel...Administrative Tools....Data Sources (ODBC). Find the ODBC data source you are looking for...the F98950 is in the Central Objects so you should have a data source something like "Central Objects - DV7334" Go to the translation tab and verify that the box "Convert binary data to text" is un checked. Hope this helps.

--------------------
Steven Ashton
9.0 8.98.4.x
9.1 9.1.3.x 9.1.4.x
WLS 10.3.x 12.1.2
sashton@washcorp.com

sashton

Reged: 02/25/04
Last on: 04/15/14
Loc: Missoula, Montana
[Re: mikemcg12]       #85399 - 01/31/05 09:38 AM

Another note....if you need to make this a permanent change you will need to go into Database Data Sources on menu GH9011 and change it there so that it will "deploy" out to all machines.

--------------------
Steven Ashton
9.0 8.98.4.x
9.1 9.1.3.x 9.1.4.x
WLS 10.3.x 12.1.2
sashton@washcorp.com

mikemcg12

Reged: 10/25/04
Last on: 05/31/13
Loc: MI USA
new [Re: sashton]       #85402 - 01/31/05 09:46 AM

thanks for the info! I tried what you mentioned and the convert binary data to text is unchecked. My server mappings appear to be fine. I'm not sure what is causing this error

JEMILLER

Reged: 12/14/00
Last on: 04/14/14
Loc: Australia
new [Re: mikemcg12]       #85613 - 02/03/05 01:33 AM

This is a known issue. As delivered the OMW transfer rules for User Overrides (Table F98950) are incorrect. They point to the Control Tables datasource and not the Central Objects datasource. In your case you are seeing an error message because you are on an AS/400. In the case of other platforms this misconfigured OMW rule goes unnoticed.

Refer to the following Psoft connection solution id: 200804980

I have pasted in the key bit here:

Question 8 When Attempting to Advance a Project with an Interactive Application, Why am I Getting Errors on my User Overrides and the Status Change is Failing?
Answer:

Transfer Activity Rules for User Overrides that were sent our with the GA release of Xe are incorrect. The Transfer Activity Rules for User Overrides incorrectly point to Control Tables Data Sources. These objects should point to Central Objects Data Sources. Use the Universal Table Browser and search the F98225 table where TROMWOT = UO to find all Status Activity Rules that have associated User Override Transfer Activity Rules. For each UO Activity Rule found, use the Object Management Configuration Application (P98230) to change all Transfer Activity Rules for object type UO from Control Tables Data Sources to Central Objects Data Sources.

Control Tables datasource SHOULD be set to translate, and Central Objects to do not translate. Because the activity rules were pointing to the wrong database and datasource, this is why client was receiving this error.

Regards,

--------------------
Justin Miller

justin.miller@jdesupport.com

working with B7332 to E1 9.1, all platforms and databases

Pages: 1

Extra information
2 registered and 10 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  ekempter, Sef, Christian Audet, jdecnc 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 796

Rate this thread

Jump to

JDELIST Support | Privacy statement JDELIST.com

UBB.threads™ 6.4.1

.: IIP 5.4.5 by David Lozier ©2003 :. 
Distributed by ThreadsDev.com

The legal restrictions and terms of use applicable to this site are available here.
Use of this site signifies your agreement to the terms of use.
JDELIST is NOT affiliated with JD Edwards® & Company, Oracle or Peoplesoft. Contents of this site are neither
endorsed nor approved by JD Edwards® & Company, Oracle or Peoplesoft.

This page best viewed with Netscape 4 or Microsoft Explorer 4 or above in 800 x 600 resolution.