adeel
(member)
02/09/12 02:42 PM
R77410

Hello there
Can someone tell me how to do the bring the object from PD to DV?
I tried the following.

Login to DV,
bring the object from object librarian,
Advanced GET object (pathcode PD812).

When i checked out the object i see the changes i did in DV object? Any idea?

Thanks

craig_welton
(member)
02/09/12 02:51 PM
Re: R77410

Adeel,

The checkout is overwriting the PD object after the advanced get.

1. Do checkout
2. Do advanced get from PD

NOTE: If you do a checkin after this, you will overwrite your mods in DV central objects.

adeel
(member)
02/09/12 03:26 PM

Thanks I will try that.
Only funny issue i have is that the year field is way up when generate the PDF throug for R77410 but in the design mode it is place on the right area.
Any idea.

Zoltan_Gyimesi
(member)
02/10/12 07:10 AM

Hi Ad,

Quote:

the year field is way up when generate the PDF throug for R77410

Would you be so kind, what do you mean exactly. Please, simplified English for me.

On the other hand, on what type of section do this happen? (I am not familiar with R77410)

Regards,

Zoltán

adeel
(member)
02/10/12 09:47 AM

R77410 is the Year end form (T4) Canadian

The issue is when i aligned the fields it some how change the whole form specially the buttom part of the T4s and the year field on the buttom part is way up.

The section is PRINT T4 Section.

Very frustrating. Note i am not the JD developer but can do some alignments etc.

Thanks AD

Remo Williams
(member)
02/10/12 05:01 PM

so when you say "it somehow changed the whole form": 1. did this change occur while in RDA? or 2. do you mean there's a difference between what the layout looks like in RDA, and the layout in the actual output?

if u mean #1, then check the way u align fields. for example settings like "current section" vs "all sections".

if u mean #2, then something else is up.

maybe it'll help if you add screendumps of the following: 1. the section in question the way it looks in RDA; 2: the pdf output of the section in question.

adeel
(member)
02/10/12 07:45 PM

Thanks for replies.
Nothing happen in RDA. Except when i click save in RDA first time hidden sections called driver section appears.

Make it simple lets say year field is little out in output T4 form box when i print. then i come back in RDA to adjust accordingly but the result in output is totally unexpected. Even i move other field a bit, it change the the upper tear fields in output. Looks like there is formulas based on the position of box in RDA which make this happen.?

Zoltan_Gyimesi
(member)
02/11/12 02:26 AM

Hi Ad,

I checked R77410 on our XE. Some shot in the dark.

#1. Create new (Add, not Copy) version and test it again. Do it alway, after you made changes on UBE template.

#2. Turn ON "Absolut Position" on the section (Section > Properties > Advanced tab)

#3. On our XE the On Company footer section of Driver section is visible without any reason. Turn OFF the visibility on it (Section > Properties > Advanced tab)

That's all in this round.

...and as Remo advised, would be useful a screenshot about the layout in RDA, the PDF output - and the Event Rule of the section printed to .TXT - in an attachment.

By the way the section seems to me very height to print it on a LETTER Landscape page - I suppose it is breaking to more pages, while it can be print on one page on Portrait (maybe after some adjustment).

Waiting your update & Regards,

Zoltán

adeel
(member)
02/13/12 08:16 AM

Thanks for suggestion.

Please let me try the suggestion with new version.
Can you please tell me how to attach new version with R77410? as this BV run during the process for work bench and i dont know how to add new version to it. This BV get call somewhere and generate PDF.

Thanks
AD

adeel
(member)
02/13/12 08:56 AM
Attachment

Hello there

I am doing what you requested except the version your requested i will let you know the status.

Find attach the RDA template, pdf is same but the fields little me off/on even if i make small change to other fields.
We have taking ESU and i am surprise why you have landscape. May be your merge flag is set to 1 for R77410 as you dont use the T4s. Also in the event rule we have no custom changes so it will be same as yours i believe.

Thanks
AD

adeel
(member)
02/13/12 12:56 PM

Thanks Guys

Good news is that i am able to aligned the box.
For the information if someone else going through the same issue.
The main issue was that the amendment box in the bottom tear causing the problem e.g if i put down the company name along with amendment field and year field. The whole bottom tear moves. So i did not touch the amendment field and just move the company and year field which let me aligned the rest of the fields.
So look like amendment field box is kind of page break.
Thanks
AD

JDELIST Support | Privacy statement JDELIST.com

UBB.threads™ 6.4.1

The legal restrictions and terms of use applicable to this site are available here.
Use of this site signifies your agreement to the terms of use.
JDELIST is NOT affiliated with JD Edwards® & Company, Oracle or Peoplesoft. Contents of this site are neither
endorsed nor approved by JD Edwards® & Company, Oracle or Peoplesoft.

This page best viewed with Netscape 4 or Microsoft Explorer 4 or above in 800 x 600 resolution.