E8.12 Show paragraphs in RDA print

Rauf

Rauf

VIP Member
What is the best way to show paragraphs in report print out. This is to print a lengthy contract.
These paragraphs some times having dynamic fields which can be inserted between paragraph lines controlled thru settings saved in the database.
For example:

The contract is issued on [date] against the sub-contractor [contractor name]...

One way is to split the paragraph and hard code the text and then provide fields for [date] and [contractor name].
Another way is to save the text splits in the data base and fetch the database fields and concatenate and show in the report ( but will the text wrapping be okay ?).

As we don't use BI Publisher, we have just RDA only.

Hi JohnDanter,

+1 for Glossary text.
But the issue I'm facing is that, this contract is very lengthy and which may go up to 40 pages.

Also what is the best way to implement paragraphs in RDA. For simplicity, consider the paragraph is stored in data base in a custom setup table and in a lengthy field.
I hope I can just assign this field to a length variable which will do wrapping of text.

Can you link this to BIP at all? Not the fancy Enterprise edition but the Embedded one. No reason not to use that

Have the 40 page text there 'hardcoded' apart from the variables in the body.
Only way I can of now and also kind of what BIP for E1 is all about anyway.

Can you link this to BIP at all? Not the fancy Enterprise edition but the Embedded one. No reason not to use that

Have the 40 page text there 'hardcoded' apart from the variables in the body.
Only way I can of now and also kind of what BIP for E1 is all about anyway.
Yes. This can be done very easily in BIP. But we are on Tools Release 8.96.40. At this tools release the BIP is not mature and it uses XML Publisher ( even it is not setup in our environment).

You can try inserting constant fields whose length equals one entire line ( 70-80 chars) for each paragraph line and make variable name in Constant properties to be line text. Then enable 'Absolute position' under section Advanced properties screen., Thanks

You can try inserting constant fields whose length equals one entire line ( 70-80 chars) for each paragraph line and make variable name in Constant properties to be line text. Then enable 'Absolute position' under section Advanced properties screen., Thanks
Hi Aaro.
Thank you very much.

We are doing the same thing for 5 page contract.

To summarize:
There are only two ways:
1. Use BIP, which is not applicable for us now.
2. Use combination of report constants and variables, which is I'm going to do.

Back