Problem with decimal places in unit price

skorek

Well Known Member
Hi girls and guys

My problem is that unit price have only 4 decimal places in database (F4211) but I need 5.
One of our division selling/stocking one product in Tons (they not using JDE but some of PC software) And this software have unit price with two decimal places (i.e. 100.37 US Dollars) Than they send us document with extended price base to it we have to prepare SO.
The problem is that in JDE we stocking/selling this item in kg. So unit price in F4211 is 1004 (0.1004 $ per kg) and extended price in SO will be not the same as extended price from original document.
Possible solutions:
1) Change the unit of measure for this item.
2) Prepare additional file with unit price with 5 (or more) decimal places
3) Change decimal places for UPRC field. But this rather the worst solution for this problem :)

Which way do you propose? 1 or 2? In my opinion 2 is better ... From some reason we musn't change unit of measure.
Well ... or maybe JDE resolved such problem already? Did you meet it ever?

Regards

Tomasz,

Why don't you stock in 1 unit of measure and sell in another unit of
measure? Otherwise I would vote for changing the unit of measure of the
item in JDE.

John Dickey
JDE Financial Systems Administrator/Analyst
White-Rodgers, division of Emerson Electric
8100 West Florissant, P.O. Box 36922
St. Louis, MO 63136
314-553-3067

Re: RE: Problem with decimal places in unit price

Hi

The problem is that we use this item "for ages" in JDE with unit = kg. So people get into habit of using kg. If we will change unit to Tons - probably we will have much more problems :)
And this problem we noticed a few days ago. And this problem concern to only one branch. We cannot change this PC soft ... in short time.
So the solution is changing/doing something in JDE. Except - changing unit of measure.

New file seems to be the one solution.

Regards

RE: RE: Problem with decimal places in unit price

Tomasz,

Well then, why not just change the price so that it fits a 4 decimal
position situation?

John Dickey
St. Louis, MO 63136
314-553-3067

Been there, done that, many times. This comes up at every Energy, Chemical, and Construction Materials client that sells bulk items (as opposed to packaged items). I have a list of all the pricing and cost fields in the database and a description of the process to change these fields. Of course, if you have existing data already setup, you'll have to convert it as well as change the master files. If you'd like a copy email me at [email protected].

Andy
www.JDEtips.com (former ECS consultant)

Re: RE: RE: Problem with decimal places in unit price

John, Unfortunately in this PC software we can't change unit price to 4 decimal places in easy and cool way. Probably it will be easier to buy a new software (... in next year :) )

Regards

Tomek

Tomek,

Don't change the number of decimal places. Any extra decimal place
after 4 would be 0. For example, if you have a price of 100.123456, make
the new price be 100.123500.

John Dickey
St. Louis, MO 63136
314-553-3067

Hi skorek,

I do not know much abt the functional issues u are having but if u go to with the option of changing the decimal places there is an option that jde has provided. with this you can change the decimal place and all the past data will be modified accordingly.

Attachments

• 95981-DisplayDecimal.doc
    87.5 KB · Views: 1,162
Back