E9.2 Possibility to automatically create the Asset record at the moment of the PO receipt

marinescu

Hi,

Is there a possibility to automatically create the Asset record at the moment of the PO receipt?
I am not aware of a standard way to do it.

I am a Distribution consultant, but a FIN coworker asked me.

I wil ask the same question on the DEV forum, too.

Thank you for any insight.

Remus
JDE1 9.2.5.5

Hi Remus,

You could look at using an orchestration to automate the asset creation.

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your answer.
You confirmed exactly what John Danter answered on the similar post from the DEV forum.

Kind regards,
Remus

Remus,

Have you considered using R12800, Post G/L Entries to Fixed Assets? After the PO receipt hits the GL running R12800 will post it to fixed assets. I have used this in the past for anything posted to the fixed asset range including PO receipts, among others. We actually had it running on our scheduler and the fixed asset person would manage the assets that were created.

Remus,

Have you considered using R12800, Post G/L Entries to Fixed Assets? After the PO receipt hits the GL running R12800 will post it to fixed assets. I have used this in the past for anything posted to the fixed asset range including PO receipts, among others. We actually had it running on our scheduler and the fixed asset person would manage the assets that were created.
Hi Mark,

I will forward it to my FIN co-worker.

Best regards,
Remus

Hi Mark,

I will forward it to my FIN co-worker.

Best regards,
Remus

Hi Remus,

the automation Mark is probably referring to is linked to FA AAI ranges, which are indeed a subset of FC AAI ranges (Cost Account) to trigger automatic Asset Master (F1201 record) creation at posting time (R12800).

For further info you can refer to:

E1: 12: Overview Setup Automatic Asset Creation (P1201/P1204) (Doc ID 968840.1)

Kind regards,

Carlo

Back