E9.2 Mod Flag not updated for retrofitted object

Joel

Well Known Member
Hello,

We are in the process of upgrading JDE to UN8 from 9.2 base release. Our developers are in the process of making an assessment on what standard objects were modified and need to be retrofitted based on the mod flags.

They have randomly found standard objects that are genuinely modified but whose modification flag is not C & 1 in F9861. The flag is blank for all path codes. We are sure that no SQL was executed to make the flags blank. Would like to know if anyone is aware under what circumstances the mod flag of an object can go blank even though it has been genuinely checked out, edited and checked in ?

Regards,

Joel

E1 CNC

I am only aware of SQL in that situation. We recently (in our own upgrade project ;)) found the exact opposite - an object that was never touched, with a clean source code and a C flag 😂 Oh JDE, you never cease to amaze me.

There is an APPL, P98FIX

You can set / unset that flag in there. And change SY etc

Last edited:
There is an APPL, P98FIX

I've been doing JDE CNC for close to 15 years now and have never heard of this application before 😅 Is that what people mean when they say you never stop learning? :)

I've been doing JDE CNC for close to 15 years now and have never heard of this application before 😅 Is that what people mean when they say you never stop learning? :)
You have as I told you about it last year ;)
I love learning new things

You have as I told you about it last year ;)
I love learning new things

Haha - at least i answered the same thing 😂
Obviously my brain cannot save any more information.

There is an APPL, P98FIX

Thanks for sharing the application name. I must confess, this is the first time i heard about it.

However, my objective is not to reset the flags. The UN8 + 64bit conversion install will replace all objects which is what we want. My concern is what will be our source of truth to identify which Standard objects need to be retrofitted post the UN8 upgrade. Our developers were relying on the Mod flags for this which seems unreliable. What I have now done is provide them with an extract of all objects that are in status Prod in addition to the extract of objects that have a mod flag. They have found 80 such Standard objects that are genuine customizations but with a blank mod flag.... can you think of any other logic to get a list of standard customizations ?

I don't think I ever ran P98FIX on the web, does it work on a fat client? I wonder if it calls a client only BSFN?

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think a JDE upgrade will wipe those flags if you do a merge...?

If something had happened to your system hopefully you've still got your OMW history?
Look for objects with a checkout, checkin and promotion to PD.
That's what I did once before to make sure

I stopped looking at the flag a long time ago out of "its never right anyway" habit. select * from ol920.f9861 where simodcmt not like 'JN%' or simodcmt not like 'UN%' or simodcmt > ' ' and sipathcd = 'PD920' (because really who cares about DV!) or some such and then I compare that to the OMW logs... of course, if people name their projects JNEWPROJECT or UNBELIEVABLENEWCODE, that won't get picked up.

I stopped looking at the flag a long time ago out of "its never right anyway" habit. select * from ol920.f9861 where simodcmt not like 'JN%' or simodcmt not like 'UN%' or simodcmt > ' ' and sipathcd = 'PD920' (because really who cares about DV!) or some such and then I compare that to the OMW logs... of course, if people name their projects JNEWPROJECT or UNBELIEVABLENEWCODE, that won't get picked up.
Wise words to live by! Same here, too often you get tickets like "Why does this have a Mod Flag?" from Development or "Where is my Customization?!" from BA/Consultants 😅

Back