E8.9 Issue Type Codes

dosinger

We have two types of floor stock and am looking for different treatment in JDE.

We have vendor managed inventory that gets delivered directly to the production floor. We code this with Stk Typ I (Vendor Managed Inventory) and uses Issue Type F (Floor Stock) in BOMs.

We also have regular inventory that is procured by the buyers, comes to the receiving dock and gets put on the shelf. When needed on the floor, it is issued using an II transaction (Inventory Issuance) after which it is treated like vendor managed. These parts have Stk Typ B. The trouble is the Issue Type Code.

If we use I (Manual Issue) then people on the production floor look at the parts list on the work order and try to get the part out of inventory (and not from the floor).

If we use F (Floor Stock), then the 07 Standard is zeroed out and the cost is not included in the roll-up of the assembly.

What we think we need is a hybrid Issue Type Code that allows for the part to keep its costs (like an I) but not actually get issued to a work order (like an F).

Any suggestions?

Hello , Seems the process flow has to be defined properly. For the Floor Stock items ( which is treated as VMI where stocking type is I and directly delivered at Production Floor), If you do not consider for the cost and inventory track then Issue type code as F in BOM is correct.

For the Regular stock, if the Issue type code is defined as B then it will be backflush automatically at the time of Work Order completion. The Location which is defined at Work Center or at Routing will be hard committed at the time of Partlist and Routing attachment by R31410. So you do not need to do to II (During Manual Pick) in this scenario as Work Order completion will take care this as Backflush operation. What you need here to do Inventory Transfer from Shelf Location to WorkCenter Location.
Since the Regular stock should be part of Product cost, it must not be considered as Floor stock.

Thank you,
Vinay

I don't think we use backflush, but let's say that we did . . . in your scenario, how would the parts show up on the work order parts list. If they read as I (manual issue), then they will read no different than a part we actually have to issue to the work order. How would the floor personnel be able to tell a difference between Isue to work order, and pull from Work Center location?

The other scenario I am hopeful of, is can a different Issue Type Code (existing or new, if possible) be used that would treat the costs (and cost roll-up) just like an I does? This way, on the work order parts list, we could see the differentiation.

Your ideas are appreciated.

Hello, For the issue type code I, the Location which is hard committed at Partlist is the primary Location. For the Issue type code B, the Location hard committed at Partlist is the Workcenter Location. That's shows a clear difference which item to be issued from Primary location and which to be issued from Work Center Location.
I don't think you need a new Issue type code here.

The Hard/Soft Commit is set at the Branch/Plant level in Manufacturing Constants (P3009) - see snip below. It is not an item-specific setting. What you can control at the item branch level is the Commitment Method (location with most quantity, lowest lot #, lot expiration date).
1703179687869.png

Back