E9.2 Connector Time Out

Stank1964

Well Known Member
I have a connector, enclosed in an Orchestration that has return raw output active. After the connector is executed, the main ORCH will parse the response (using groovy) to determine if the API call worked or not. Now, if the connector times out, I would like to understand what will happen in the ORCH execution. Will the execution of the ORCH terminate right then and there, or will subsequent steps in the ORCH execute?

If the subsequent steps are going to execute, I would like to know how I can tell this and add that code to my groovy script.

Thanks. Stan

Interesting question! I dove in a bit here.

Simulate timeout with no error handling: the orch errors at the connector since the timeout comes back as 500, and stops there. As you probably know.

On Error, Continue: the orch errors at connector, then the subsequent step receiving the raw output gets an empty dataset. You'd need to handle an empty dataset coming from the raw output of the REST connector step.

On error, abort, but use a handling orch, mapping the error message to the handling orch. The exception message DOES contain statusCode and description of the error from the rest call:
JSON:
{"exceptionMessage":"{\r\n  \"message\" : {\r\n    \"ServiceRequest: HC_CNRT_Timeout\" : {\r\n      \"statusCode\" : 500,\r\n      \"error\" : \"java.io.IOException: Connection timed out: connect\",\r\n      \"headers\" : { }\r\n    }\r\n  },\r\n  \"exception\" : \"Exception\",\r\n  \"timeStamp\" : \"2023-12-12T07:55:41.999-0800\",\r\n  \"userDefinedErrorText\" : \"\"\r\n}"}

Last edited:
Back