E9.1 Associated Description to Short

FrankCLT

Well Known Member
Hello,

I thought I had done this before, but it appears not. I have the AN8 and when you Associate the description the default DD is DL01. Issue is that this is too short. Once I associate the description, I go into the properties of the DL01 and change it to MLNM and then use the B0100031 Get Mailing Name. This does not work.

Any ideas.... I can use an Edit Field. But that doesn't look the same.

Thank you,
FrankCLT

Frank, are you needing this in an application or in a UBE? Seems to me you might not need to do an Associated control, but create a text control loaded directly via the B0100031 business function once the AN8 is known.

Hello Kim,

I've tried to use a Static Text but it does not populate with the mailing name brought back from the B0100031.

Sorry, in an application.....

Frank, to demonstrate I created a quick Find/Browse form:
1702568786017.png
I created the text control with the ALPH alias, named it "Mailing Name", made it Read Only, and made its description invisible.
I added ER to the AN8's Control Exited/Changed Inline event. Other form types may have a slightly different behavior:
1702569125122.png
You may find it more appropriate to use other events as well, such as Find.

Kim,

That is what I've done.

"Edit" works when I changed the DD = MLNM and populated with the B0100031

"Static Text" is what's used with "Associate Description" with DD = DL01. I've tried to change the DD to MLNM, use the B0100031 = didn't work, add a completely new "Static Text" and use the B0100031, that also didn't work.

I guess I will leave as is and use what works.

1702571423450.png

Thank you for your assistance.

FrankCLT

You can use static text but use the Set Control Text system function with a variable populated by the GetMailingName business function.

If you're using GetMailingName, then there is no reason to use the "Associate Description" functionality. Just create a static text control and populate it from the BSFN output. If it doesn't work to make a direct assignment to that new control, use the method Neal shared above.

Back