E9.2 F0902 & F0911 out of balance tied to PO reversal

TaylorJ

Hi all,
I am currently experiencing an issue with the F0902 and F0911 getting out of sync. This problem is tied to the reversal of POs that are issued to multiple divisions. When I look at the F0011 it shows me that the JE is out of balance, but I am not sure why because a PO reversal is an automated process.

We did change business processes recently by allowing POs to be reversed in the same day. And have added the R09801 program to users performing reversals.

TaylorJ,
It's generally a good idea to run the R09801 right after a reversal although not running it should not cause a mismatch either, as long as you are only looking at posted F0911 records when comparing to the F0902.

Is it just the F0011 that shows the JDE being out of balance or are you able to actually observe the F0902/F0911 mismatch?

I believe PO reversals generate a different document number for each reversal - can you confirm that? Maybe even a different batch depending on how they are done.

If so, can you summarize the posted F0911 reversal entries in question by document and/or batch number and company number? The summary should all be zero. Anything that is non-zero is the problem document or batch. Then you can at least narrow it down to that transaction.

Also, if you can nail down the specific transaction and find the R09801 PDF in WSJ, examine it in detail for errors. Likewise look at the JDE.LOG file associated with that submittal to see if there are any clues.

TaylorJ,
It's generally a good idea to run the R09801 right after a reversal although not running it should not cause a mismatch either, as long as you are only looking at posted F0911 records when comparing to the F0902.

Is it just the F0011 that shows the JDE being out of balance or are you able to actually observe the F0902/F0911 mismatch?

I believe PO reversals generate a different document number for each reversal - can you confirm that? Maybe even a different batch depending on how they are done.

If so, can you summarize the posted F0911 reversal entries in question by document and/or batch number and company number? The summary should all be zero. Anything that is non-zero is the problem document or batch. Then you can at least narrow it down to that transaction.

Also, if you can nail down the specific transaction and find the R09801 PDF in WSJ, examine it in detail for errors. Likewise look at the JDE.LOG file associated with that submittal to see if there are any clues.
My biggest clue right now is that it is saying the JE is out of balance. I think it could be tied to row security issues.

Back